Advice / Experience Needed!

pennies

Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first month TTC #1 and I'm looking for some advice and experience from you lovely ladies as I'm feeling out of my depth already!

I came off the pill in June and since then have had cycles of 39 and 35 days, currently on cd34 with last af being 5th-9th October.

I'm using Ovia app to track my cycles, cm and symptoms, but am not using opks or temping.

Anyway my app said I should test yesterday and predicts af to be due on Wednesday 9th, it also predicted my most fertile/ovulation day as 23rd October which would put me at 15dpo today, if it was correct.

Now because it's my first month I've been paying attention to everything but also quite freely testing with supermarket tests with the excitement! Testing has been as follows:

28th Oct / 5dpo - Supermarket blue dye test - 1 failed test & 1 BFN
29th Oct / 6dpo - Supermarket pink dye test - BFN
2nd Nov / 10dpo - Supermarket pink dye test - BFN
6th Nov / 14dpo - Supermarket pink dye test - BFN

Now I know it says you are supposed to disregard test results after 10/15 mins, but when I was putting the last test in the bin I looked at the previous 4 again, including the one that I thought had failed because I didn't get a control line at the time. Anyway looking at it now there is a very clear normal control line and a faint line in the test window?!

Been having a whole variety of symptoms including headaches, ewcm, dizziness and it feels like I've pulled a muscle in my stomach - I don't get any of these in the run up to af usually and I just feel different!

Sorry this is so long, any thoughts/advice/experience is much appreciated! Xx

This is the test in question...

Attachments

• IMG_6180.jpg
    IMG_6180.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 11
Blue dyes are very prone to evaps.

If it had been 12 or 14dpo and just slightly outside the time limit, it might have been something to get excited about, but testing on 5dpo really is pointless and a blue dye over a week later is not trustworthy, sorry!

By 14dpo most people would expect to have a pretty clear test (not always, late bfps happen - but the vast majority would be testing positive) however as you're not temping or using opks, you've no way to know if or when you actually ovulated - an app can't tell you unless you have very regular and text-book cycles. So it might still just be too early!

My advice would be to get some opks :) and if you're a serial tester and this is not your month yet, hpts and opks on Amazon and eBay can be got for a few pounds/dollars for packs of 20+ - even supermarket tests are expensive :haha:

Also, the app is giving you a 17-day LP, which would be quite unusual - with long cycles, more common is that you ovulate later (I usually ov'd CD20 of a 34/35 day cycle) and have a normal LP length - all the app does is take your cycle length and predict ov in the middle of it.

Chances are the long cycles are just your body regulating itself after your hormones having been over-ridden by the pill. Unless you had irregular or long cycles before going on it, I'd lean towards disregarding the 39-day one altogether.

Pennies,if you have been having very faint lines since 5dpo,the lines should be much darker by 14dpo,unless it was an evap or dud test. Do the lines have color to them or are they light grey lines? I really hope it is a bfp!

That test is the only one that has had anything resembling a line, should I just write it off as an evap line and ignore?

All tests since have been pink dyes and bfn, not even sure if it's worth me testing anymore or just wait for af - though no signs of her yet!

M&S, not really sure of average cycle lengths as I was on the pill for 13 years and just had the 2 cycles since. If I ovulated later I'd guess it would have been around the 25th/26th so may actually be around 12/13dpo? Even so I'd expect a bfp by now if I'd conceived?

When did you get the ewcm?

It's hard to say without anything to confirm ov, especially having been on the pill so long - it'll hopefully get easier in the future if your cycle regulates. If you were 12dpo or more, yeh, I'd expect a test to come up positive if you were pregnant. But I've had ov as late as CD30 during my 'regular' cycles and gone months and months without ov or period at all when my body decides to play tricks on me :)

If it were me, I'd keep testing but I'm a compulsive serial tester :haha: your symptoms definitely sound good, but again, it could go either way - it might just be your body's new normal without hormonal birth control.

I had definite ewcm from 17th-25th, school glue kind 27th-29th and then back to ewcm from the 4th to today?

Think I should probably just wait it out now, dunno when next to test though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->