Advice for 4D scan?

Sarah+

Reaction score
Hi All, My very first 3rd tri post! :happydance:

I'm having my 4D scan on Thursday and am looking for advice on how to get the best pics. E.g. should I eat something sugary so the baby is more active? Or is it better if the little guy sits still for this one? Any advice would be great. Thanks!

I ate a bit of choccie before hand and he was very active wich meant not the best piccys but I was a big girl before I was preggy and the sonographer said that didnt help the pics. But good luckwith it anyhoo.

:hi: sarah, it all depends where baby is laid, mine had his head fairly fair bk to my back and was breeched so he werent in the best position, mind u where we went i dont think it wuda made a difference she was that unproffessionalxx :?
b4 i went in i had some cold water with ice cubes and that got him moving all over the place ! !
are u getting the dvd ? im so glad we did cos even tho we didnt get many good pics its all on the dvd :cloud9:
av a lovely time x

Hey Honey! Yes, we're getting the DVD. Did you try that thing I put in our July Buddy thread about putting your DVD into the computer then freezing the movie and printing more pics? Most of my 2D scan pics are terrible, but that's how I got some better ones! I can't believe we're 3rd tri already. Seems like only yesterday we were 8 weeks!

aww no i didnt, will av to have a look !! i was fine with the 3 4d pics we got and the dvd, but all the 2d pics (n there bout 10) were all of his arms and legs ! :? lol

i know, 3rd tri, VERY exciting :D

Just to answer my own question... I just found this:

(But other advice is still very welcome :) )

Is there anything I can do to help get good images?

Please remember that drinking your physician's daily consumption of water (typically 64-80 oz per day) for about 3-5 days prior to your session is the best thing you can do. Also, you can consume a food or drink that you know will make your baby active. We know you know your baby better than anyone, so if you know of a food, drink or activity that gets your baby moving, by all means feel free to do them just before your travels to our facility.

I agree with the drinking water, I drank loads as i was told if the fluid levels are low then there face can appear squashed, our pics were chrystal clear (see avatar) I also had a can of coke and a little choccie bar in the waiting room but that bit was just cos i felt like it :lol: xxx

I agree with the drinking water, I drank loads as i was told if the fluid levels are low then there face can apprear squashed, our pics were chrystal clear (see avatar) I also had a can of coke and a little choccie bar in the waiting room but that bit was just cos i felt like it :lol: xxx

Wow! Your pics are clear. I'm filling up on the water as I type :)

when we went in he was fast asleep so we got loads of good pics of his face but after all the prodding he woke up and we got great dvd of him moving so it depends what you are after. good dvd or pics? got loads of pics on my journal x

I think its all about luck really, we did everything they said and he was still a pain. He had his hands and feet in front of his face most of time like this:

https://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn70/Jemz_x/JEMMAJAMES_47.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"