Advice for sleep???

kidlove

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

So I am in my 4-5 week mark and so far I have lost more sleep than gotten because I wake up to heartburn, nausea, and mild cramps. Anyone know how to deal with these symptoms because I need as much sleep as I can get within these next three weeks because I'll be graduating high school and moving and getting ready for college. I need advice that is healthy for me and the baby.

Please and Thank You! :sleep: :sleep:

It's perfectly safe to use gaviscon liquid or Rennie tablets for the heartburn. Try a warm bath before bed keep the lighting low to wind down and it should help to ease the cramps too.

Prop yourself up with pillows and drink little sips of water. Might be worth having some crackers or something by your bed so you can nibble on them when the nausea kicks in.

I recommend getting a foam wedge pillow so that your head is elevated above your stomach while you sleep.

You might also want to talk to your doctor about what types of antacids are safe to take. My doctor is cool with Tums, but doesn't want me taking too many in any given day.

I'm in third trimester with my fifth pregnancy. I get little mini Babybel cheeses or a string cheese and will eat one in bed. It keeps the nausea at bay for a few hours, as long as I don't eat a ton of carbs throughout the day. Carbs tend to make your blood sugar rise really quickly (which is why they stop the nausea), and then your blood sugar drops quickly (which is why the nausea come back very quickly!). Try a small amount of protein - like cheese, as I said - instead.

For heartburn, you're not supposed to go to bed with food sitting in your belly, but that's awful when you have nausea and eating is the only way to keep it at bay. I follow my cheese up with two Tums if the heartburn is bad enough.

As for the cramps, sorry. You just learn to sleep through them. Heat isn't great for a growing embryo. Tylenol is considered safe, but there are lot of reasons why I wouldn't take it during pregnancy unless I couldn't function with a terrible headache or had a fever. Other than that, the benefits do not outweigh the risks for me. Maybe a good night of sleep will outweigh the risks for you, and you'll choose to take one. Probably not. My doctor recommends NO medications for the first 12 weeks unless you speak to them about it first, and she will say you can take ONE Tylenol if you feel you NEED to.

An hour before bed, I drink a hot cup of chamomile tea. It's a relaxing tea with tons of health benefits. My doctor recommends this for people who have trouble sleeping,
in every trimester.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->