• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Advice for slow labour?

pk4

Reaction score
My MW confirmed today that I'm in slow labour after days of labour starting and stopping and diarrhoea for 2 weeks and having bits of my show and constant period pains. I'm feeling so frustrated as I keep thinking this is it and then it all stops!!

Anyone else going through this or has been through this? All I can think about is labour and every twinge/niggle gets my hopes up!! I just want to see my baby now :( :( :(

I don't know what I'll do if I go overdue! I'm trying to prepare myself in case it does happen. I got one week to go so I hope I don't.

I have had this for about a week. Contractions start, get regular for an hour or two , then just stop. Lost my plug over the last three days, and have been given a check for dilation, and am 2cm, 70-80% effaced. I am going throught the same thing yuo are. Have been drinking RLT, have been doint lots of walking, tried sex, accupressure/massage, and nothing has worked for me as of yet :(

I've been taking RLT since week 30 as that's what it says on the bottle (2 a day). I've had hot hot hot curry, sex, bumpy rides, walking everywhere etc. I'm not going to try castor oil as I already have bad diarrhoea and that will make it 10 times worse! Obviously baby isn't quite ready yet but just so frustrated at things starting then stopping. I just hope it's not much longer now. At least labour will be quick for us once it actually gets going! x

I know this sounds funny but try doing squats, hold onto a hard surface and bend your knees push out your bum and repeat may help sorry I can't help anymore x

I know how you feel. I was actually crying last night as I'm so fed up of it all now. xxx

I know how you feel. I was actually crying last night as I'm so fed up of it all now. xxx

That was me yesterday driving home and it all got to me and I started crying. Thing is your body produces seratonin when you're in labour which is the happy hormone so this baby won't come out if I'm all upset. Wondering if watching some comedies to cheer me up might do the trick, lol!

That was me yesterday driving home and it all got to me and I started crying. Thing is your body produces seratonin when you're in labour which is the happy hormone so this baby won't come out if I'm all upset. Wondering if watching some comedies to cheer me up might do the trick, lol!

Anythings worth a try right now. xxx :hugs:

I have been going thru this for about a week and a half. I lost my mucus plug on the 7th and have been having contractions on and off since then. Last night I had really bad contractions for 2 hours and then they went away. I have been in and out of the hospital since the 7th as well, and was diagnosed with preeclampsia on the 9th. My doctors are surprised I have made it this far. I am BEYOND frustrated, I just want to hold my precious baby girl already!

I have been going thru this for about a week and a half. I lost my mucus plug on the 7th and have been having contractions on and off since then. Last night I had really bad contractions for 2 hours and then they went away. I have been in and out of the hospital since the 7th as well, and was diagnosed with preeclampsia on the 9th. My doctors are surprised I have made it this far. I am BEYOND frustrated, I just want to hold my precious baby girl already!

If you have preeclampsia, why would they not induce you?

If you have preeclampsia, why would they not induce you?

My point exactly. I don't know why they keep pushing it off. They said my protein is high, but not really high and if I can make it to 37 weeks then my baby's lungs will be better developed...but see, I also have gestational diabetes. I'm so frustrated, I have yelled at them, cried to them, I have even had my family step in. I don't know what else to do. They said if my urine test comes back bad (over 700) then they will take her. :(

Me!
I'm on day 8 now of slow labour. I had a sweep on Monday and am still here one day overdue. I was 2cm on Monday with a soft cervix but it still didn't work.

I'm fed up of the aches, the pains, the stress, the going to bed wondering when

Aarrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhh you have my sympathy x

Me!
I'm on day 8 now of slow labour. I had a sweep on Monday and am still here one day overdue. I was 2cm on Monday with a soft cervix but it still didn't work.

I'm fed up of the aches, the pains, the stress, the going to bed wondering when

Aarrrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhh you have my sympathy x

It's been 2 weeks now since symptoms of slow labour started and I'm not due to see MW until 1 week and 5 days!!!! I'll be overdue then.

I'm feeling so achy and pains everywhere as I've also got SPD so moving around is very difficult! I just want to meet my baby :(

Hope we all have our babies soon!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"