Advice for Vomiting baby

hypnorm

Reaction score
I feel so helpless !!
Ewan started being sick at 5pm and has been sick about 6 times now.
I'm just offering him water which he brings back up about 1/2hr later,
Is there anything else i can do would calpol or medised help?
There is no rash and he is bright between vomiting - he is just doing unproductive wretching now...

My poor baby!! :(

Aww hun it's awful isn't it Jack was the same a couple of weeks ago, Emily had it aswell, maybe try medised(though Em brought that back :? )

I don't really know what to suggest except maybe a dry biscuit and carry on with the water

The main thing is hun is to keep his fluids up, don't worry about food, but make sure the fluids are plentyful! Hope he is feeling better soon :hugs: x

Rebecca had this, Dr's advice was water, and as its weekend tomorrow go to Boots or a pharmacy and ask for Electrolade or Dioralite re hydration drinks. Its flavoured powder u add to water, and it gives them the nutrients etc they need.

Starve for 24 hours or so-it's hard, but as Tam says keep up fluids. Don't give milk.

Keep us posted hun xx

aw the poor little thing, it's so horrible. are you taking him to the docs or is he picking up?

aww hun i know this sucks, alexis just got over this last week :S for like 4 days !!!! drs told me to keep up fluids, and that babies can go for a while without food, it won't hurt them. (alexis couldn't keep anything down the whole 4 days) with her it turned out to be an ear infection...maybe could be for you?

also yeah like KX said, NO MILK ewwwwwww it comes up disgusting lol.

anyways keep strong :D it will pass xxx

Thanks girls got more advice from you than else where, Ewan is bright today, he finally stopped vomiting about 3-4am (lost track of time by then!)
he kept a bottle of water down at 5am, he has had a couple of bread sticks this am, and was wingeing for som milk so i have given him some milk.
think we will both be having a sleep this afternoon!!

AWww so glad he is feeling brighter, lets hope he sleeps a lot of it off

Poor ewan :cry: , whenever we have had this its just been a case of checkingthe nappies are still wet and keeping hydrated. The doctor (nhs direct) advised the rehydration sachets if the nappies became dry and the vomiting kept up. There is nothing worse than a baby retching because you cant explain it to them and 9 out of 10 times if anythign comes up its going anywhere except your sick bucket. Ususally over the last clean pair of jammies.

I am glad he is better! hope you get some :sleep: this afternoon.x

Sorry only just saw to reply. Noah had a stomach bug a little while ago, Itook him to the docs and they said to just keep him on water and dry toast if he will eat. But by no means any dairy or formula etc as this can slow down the recovery as it will keep upsetting the stomach.

Hope he is feeling better soon hun.

sparkles said:
Poor ewan :cry: , whenever we have had this its just been a case of checkingthe nappies are still wet and keeping hydrated. The doctor (nhs direct) advised the rehydration sachets if the nappies became dry and the vomiting kept up. There is nothing worse than a baby retching because you cant explain it to them and 9 out of 10 times if anythign comes up its going anywhere except your sick bucket. Ususally over the last clean pair of jammies.

Yep - poor lad threw up in his bath last night, i had to bath him cos he's got sick all down him, he is sleeping again at the moment, and his tummy is still a bit gurgly, tried him with toast, but all he wants is water or milk.
went through god knows how many towels last night, poor lad can't aim in a bucket so just kept putting towels under him, was easier to keep changing them than anything else. managed to puke on his comfort tigger blanket so that had to go for an emergency wash!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->