Advice for when I should test?

aj5173

Reaction score
Hey ladies :) I'm new to this site, and I'm currently up against the TWW. I'd appreciate some input on when I should test.

My last period was from March 24-29, so my period is due tomorrow.
I DTD on March 30, April 9, and April 16.

I'm so conflicted on whether it's too early to test because I have irregular periods and am not sure when I ovulated. I thought I felt ovulation pains around April 4th or 5th, but I had fertile cm around April 15, so I don't know how to tell. I'm sitting here thinking, well if I conceived from March 30, the test should be accurate by now, but if I conceived on April 9 I'm not so sure. And if I conceived on April 16 it wouldn't have even implanted yet.

It's also worth noting that my nipples have become sore over the past couple days and I've been bloated and had lower back pain.

Any advice you all have would be much appreciated..I'm going crazy here!

Countdown to Pregnancy has all sorts of fun reading
https://www.countdowntopregnancy.com/pregnancy-test/brands.php
They have stats on false negatives/ true positives by DPO by brand! Love it.

I'm a POAS addict, so if your AF is due I would test. If it's neg, then at least you can rule out the first two dates of BDing. I'm a big fan of FRER until lately, I gets lot of indents and evaps. If you don't want to spend the money, try a local dollar store or Walmart's 88c. They won't tell you as soon as a frer, but peeing on an 88c stick versus a $5 stick... yeeeeah

I guess you're right..I just don't want to test too early and be disappointed, especially if it's a false negative. Would it really be accurate if I conceived from the second date? By tomorrow morning that would only be day 12.

I think American Pregnancy says that a bfn 19 days after sex should be considered negative, since that's the longest it could take to implant and then produce detectable amounts of hcg would be 19. 3-5 for sperm longevity, another 6-10 to implant, and another 2-6 to produce hcg or something around those numbers. It's not so much about the DTD date as the O date, so without knowing when you O or having a reliable guess it's hard to say. But your DTD dates would be CD 6, CD 16, and CD 23. The thing with cramping is that lots of things cause cramping, and even if the cramp was O related that can happen before, during, or after O. So most sites highly recommend against using cramps to track O. And if you Oed around CD 11/12, you may have missed your window since sperm typically lives 3-5 (although there have been records of 7+ days in hospitable environments). So the first two dates don't look good. BUT if you Oed closer to the 15th, you're right it would be too soon to test. Assuming an O of 4/15, the earliest I would say to test is at 9dpo (says the girl who has been testing since 4dpo lol). Hope that helps! FX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->