Advice from UK mums

haze

Mum + Pink Bump
Reaction score
I was just wondering what the chances are of my mw refering me to be induced? I have severe SPD to the point where I can't walk without holding onto a wall, it takes me a good 20 mins each morning to try and get up and out of bed (in tears, every morning), I can only walk (very very slowly) for about 10meters before I have to stop,. Im not asking to be induced before my due date but the thought of going on like this for 2 maybe 3 more weeks is just horrible. I can't do anything with my ds and Im in so much pain. I know the best I can do is ask but I was just wondering if anyone in the UK had been induced due to SPD before?

Hey Hun, sorry i can't really be of much help but I am sure i have heard of girls being induced due to spd but i think it has to be really severe, but yours does sound awful! I would ask, there's no harm in trying xx

Im worried they'll say no because I refused physio. I refused it because I didn't have childcare for the appointments and I didn't want to keep cancelling, if that makes sense.
I have my MIL (bless her, I don't know what I'd do without her) who comes and takes ds to nursery and picks him because my SPD is so bad I can't do it myself :(

They shouldn't refuse you on those grounds hun as if you need to be induced you need to be induced. I would just speak to tour midwife and let her know how much pain you are in and ask x

My friend had severe SPD and was induced early because of it. She writes a blog which you may find some useful bits on https://www.mommatwo.com/2011_03_20_archive.html and I'm sure if you contacted her through her blog she would give you advice and support because she is lovely.

Thank you scuffer :) I will have a read now x

Thank you scuffer :) I will have a read now x

I think she started it just after her pregnancy so it may not have anything relevant, but I'm sure she'd be happy to talk to you about her exerience of SPD x

Normally they refer you to a consultant first - then its up to them to decide

Sorry can't offer any advice, just hope LO doesn't keep you waiting much longer xx

im suffering awful spd, i took my child to my first physio class and there was lots of other mums and children there too, for the second on i physically couldnt want with her so let her with nanny, not sure if its the same as my hosp but u dont actually have physio they gave a 10 min talk at first class and fitted for a spd support band, then i have been again to get crutches, i was shown things to do and how to use the crutches but was there all of 10 mins really, i seen midwife at 28 weeks and spoke about going overdue (actually regarding something else,) but she said she didnt think consultant would leave me overdue with how bad i am! but got to see what he says at my appointment on the 20th
Lou
xxx

just seen how far u are so bit late for the physio advice lol it might be too late now as u wont have time to get a consultant appointment now really if everything else in preg is ok
Lou
xxx

No other problems this pregnancy apart from SPD. Im hoping I go into labour by myself soon.

Can always ask :) worst that can happen is she says no :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->