Advice/Help? First positive test result.

CrystalJMM

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

It's been awhile since I posted here. Took a break from the boards and a break from monitoring every little thing regarding ovulation/fertility. I continued to use my fertility monitor but I wasn't tracking BBT and put a lot less stress on my fiance.

I got a positive pregnancy test on Saturday. I'm thrilled...beyond thrilled. I've taken probably 6 or so digitals (all positive) and I think 5 stick tests (again, all positive but very faint). This morning I took another stick test and it appeared to be even fainter....and there was pink blood on the tissue after I wiped. (TMI)

I've had a little bit of cramping yesterday and today (seems to have passed now) but I've also been very gassy. (I'm sure unrelated to the pregnancy since it's so early but it's been happening and sometimes that feels like cramps to me.)

Anyway, I've called my OBGYN and they are acting like it's just too early to do anything and it's a wait and see game. The receptionist said she'd tell the doctor and the nurse and let me know if they want to see me.

I'm just so scared I'm having a chemical pregnancy. I tested 2 days prior to my missed period so I would be due today.

Has anyone who has been pregnant before had this happen to them? Thoughts? Should I try to relax or come to terms with the fact that this may not be it?

Please help.

Thank you in advance.

Crystal

Edit: The Doctor won't even see me until the 29th. She says what I'm experiencing is normal unless the blood flow increases or turns red. :/

Because it is so early, it really is a wait and see game. Try not to stress! I have heard lots of people have some slight bleeding in very early pregnancy. As long as it isn't flowing out and doesn't last for days and days, you are likely fine. Try to relax and enjoy it! Congrats!

With my first pregnancy someone told me you are more likely to have this baby than not. It stuck with me for a long time, through all the worries. Unfortunetly, I did have bright red bleeding w/ clots, horrible cramping, flowing etc but I still went on to have a baby. At this point, as your dr and pp said...it's a waiting game. :hugs: I know how scary and worrying it is to see that blood on that tissue. Makes your stomach drop!!!

I've heard quite a few people have light bleeding on the day or days around their period is due x

It is really early and there isn't much they could do at your doctors office but confirm your pregnancy through a urine test and blood work (which wouldn't mean anything until you had another blood draw 48hrs later reflecting doubling)

If your tests are getting lighter it usually is an indicator of a chemical- it also would vary depending on the time you took the lighter one versus the darker one.

I'm sorry to say, you are in limbo and all you can do is wait and see. If it is a chemical, you may just be couple days late before AF starts....a chemical is a result of a genetically impaired fertilized egg...I always found solace in that. Hope than helps....

Fingers crossed it's just the baby snuggling in!!!
Take another test tomorrow morning and that should give you an idea of what going on

Last pregnancy and this I've had bleeding and last time all was fine hun.
It is to early to do anything and a scan wouldn't show enough to be conclusive.

Usually early on all they can do is check for your cervix being closed.

I'm sure all is going to be ok though xx try stay positive it's very common xx

Thank you everyone.

I'm trying really hard to keep my cool and be positive.

It's been a long road to make this little one and I just want it to stick. I will keep taking tests with FRER's every other day or so and hope that line keeps getting darker.

The only sticks I have currently are wondfo's and I've heard those aren't always the greatest.

Thanks again and congrats to you all! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"