Advice neede

ohnonotagain

Reaction score
Hi all
Well i'm just on here to attempt to ease my mind a little as i'm sure pretty soon i'm gonna crack up LOL.
First of all we have been trying for a baby for around a year since i had an ectopic.Finally it seems i have become pregnant although i didnt miss a period and it seemed like a normal one apart from being two days late, took a preg test on the day it started that said neg. ten days after the start of that i started getting brown blood, this a warning sign to me as i have had 3 miscarriages plus an ectopic and all started this way.Anyway the test was positive, rushed to the docs..he wasnt at all concerned bout the period or the brown blood. seems to think it's normal.Convinced him to book a scan which is tomorrow AM. so anyway not really had any pain apart from slight cramp at the start and then around ten mins of sharp pain that felt like it was in my front and bum :/. this bleeding has been going on for5 days now, mostly brown but got slightly heavier yesterday and dark red, but was still only when i wiped and has now gone back to brown.
What i guess i'm asking is does anyone think there is any hope of this baby being ok? Anyone have any advice or a sim story. good or bad? Just can't take the not knowing and not sure how many more i can take. Also i had tests and the only thing could be found as for reasons was slight underactive thyroid which i now have meds for.
Be lucky if this gets read with all the rambling eh LOL

hey hun-
Ive responded to so many of these so I know how you feel. I myself also experienced bleeding with pregnancy, actually with all three of my pregnancies let me share my experiences with you..

First Preg (w/ now 2 y/o son)- Around 5 weeks-6 weeks I had spotting, but light almost every day. I went to the doctors with my problem- they did an ultrasound and just saw a sac with yolk at 6 weeks. The doctor said I should of had a heartbeat by now, and I was to meet with my OB the following day. So the following day went in, had an ultrasound, she saw a little blood in my uterus but saw a heartbeat. She wrote this off as implantation bleeding- which really does make sense. As the baby burrows into the lining of the uterus it can cause some bleeding. Some women even compare theirs to period like blood on either the first or last day of period, for others it is worse. I went on to have my HCG monitored, and delivered a beautiful and healthy baby boy 7 months later. (by the way I had no preg symptoms whatsoever!)

Second Pregnancy (miscarriage)- found out I was pregnant, felt sick to my stomach and exhausted. I started spotting dark brown blood, and I went to the E.R. The doctors said my levels were very low but there was a heartbeat which is a really good sign. Over the next 3 days the blood increased but it was still brown. The doctors said prob implantation bleeding again because the heartbeat was seen. I went to the E.R. again 2 days later with bad cramps.. I was given an IV with pain meds/muscle relaxers and that relaxed me enough to expel the baby. Another big sign for me was a constant nagging back pain.

3rd pregnancy (currently 14 weeks)- Started bleeding at around 9 weeks. Went for an ultrasound and was told the bleeding was due to a subchorionic hematoma. This is a hemorrhage which is *very common* among pregnancies and can account for 20% of first trimester bleeding which is very high. Most women do not know they have them because after the bleed they most likely disappear, and other women do not know because the body reabsorbs the blood. My clot then grew bigger in size, and after a week of bed rest my body did its job and reabsorbed the blood. When it comes to these subchorionic hematomas-My ob said that 90% of the time these resolve itself. Women can honestly bleed and gush blood and the baby still ends up being okay. I remember I saw a women (I work in an OB clinic) who came in and said she had made a huge puddle of blood on the middle of the floor at her work, she swore she miscarried but everything was proven to be okay.
There are many causes of blood in the first trimester- so don't feel doomed just yet. My advice- if you are (like many women do) slightly pushing up the toilet paper to see if there is blood refrain from it. This can cause a bleed. Also- the expanding uterus and body can cause little capillaries to burst and which obvioulsy leads to bleeding..

best of luck XX. keep me updated! Let me know if you have any questions.

HI thanks for your answers n hopeful thinking, i did start bleeding n clotting thurs and still am, had bloods done yesterday and they were down to forty, so was a miscarriage as i thought.At least it hasnt taken months like the time before so guess i'll just keep trying maybe one day i'll be lucky. Also had an absess on vagina and had to be put on strong antibiotics, whether it was linked or not i'll never know i guess. thankyou ppl x

Oh hun I'm sorry.. Was the antibiotics prescribed during preg? If so, which kind? Do you know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->