advice needed(long post)

Angel022605

5K fun
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I would like to start a thread just giving advice. I want this thread to give advice to ladies who are worried, confused, scared, or just need questions answered :) Feel free to correct me or add any additional info :)

BBT oral and vaginal: any digital BBT is fine
take your BBT at the same time every day and set an alarm to remind you
if you get up at various hrs you can use whenmybaby.com to adjust your temps
take it before talking,moving,eating,or drinking though from my experience minimal talking and moving doesn't affect my temps
record BBT ASAP with an app
placement is key-one day I placed it not as deep vaginally and got a lower temp than when I placed it deeper
a significant spike or gradual rise in BBT suggests that O has occured

OPK: any brand will do but I have used IC
test at the same time every day and preferably around mid day
test 1xday
for best results hold urine for at least 2-3 hrs with minimal amt of fluids-by holding urine for less than 2-3 hrs or drinking too much fluids before testing can cause urine to be diluted, with that being said if need be FMU can be used
with IC you can POAS or dip in urine
just remember to record the results within the time frame or the test line will get darker and look like a false pos
a true pos OPK the test line will be as dark as or darker than the control line

CM/CP: CP is not a very reliable way to see where you're are fertile wise
in general a non fertile CP is low,hard/firm,and open which is during AF, just before AF, and right after AF
I have never been preg but I hear that preg CP is high,firm/hard,closed
during fertile time CP is high,soft,open
keep in mind CP changes all the time so if you must check do so at the same time during mid day
it can be high during the day and low at night
with CM it is more reliable, however you can have fertile CM before,during,and after actual O
non fertile CM is sticky/tacky and creamy/lotiony and is common after AF up to the fertile window and just before AF
fertile CM is watery and most fertile is clear and stretchy like raw eggwhites hince the name EWCM
not all women get EWCM and yes you can conceive without it
in place of EWCM Preseed is a natural lubricant to use

other helpful notes: positions that can help is: him in on top or rear entry has the deepest penetration
elevating hips for 30 help sperm fight gravity
if nothing else the use of Instead soft cup or Diva/Moon cup helps keep sperm near cervix
as far as OTC herbs/meds for other infertile conditions I am not sure of what does and doesn't help

Well that's all I have :) please if anyone has anything else to add feel free to join in :)

please *bump* I don't want people to freak out over such a long post. I am not actually asking a question just stating advice and asking others to do so if they wish.... :)

Loads of brilliant info here! Thanks <3

Thanks for the info! Great advice as I have been thinking of using OPKs next cycle if this one ends in AF.

Advice: Red raspberry leaf tea is good to take from CD1 to ovulation as its supposed to help tone your uterus and help it cleanse out the uterine lining. I've heard people say they noticed more EWCM during their fertile time when they drank it too.

Evening primrose oil is great for CM production, I take 1-2 capsules form CD1-O and that is almost to much, just make sure to stop before O because it can cause uterine contractions.

Preseed is great when you are not producing enough CM, my second femara cycle = this current one I didn't have enough and I was very thankful that I had bough some although we just used it like a lube.

For emotional health (and I stay this on cycle 16 of ttc) try not to test until AF is due. The negative tests were the worst to look at and it's almost impossible not to get a bad case of line eyes and see lines everywhere witch only makes the disappointment harder when AF shows.

Try as much as to can to relax and don't put your life on hold - trust me I did this the whole first year but my doctor said don't worry about anything but taking folic acid until you see that second line.

After two early losses (one at 7+6 and another at 5+6), if you have to join this group of women who have angel babies pleas know that doctors say that up to 50% of first pregnancies end in miscarriages, this is why most doctors are not found of early detection test (because they pick up HCG form a fertilised egg that hasn't implanted). Also know that there is so much support everywhere so don't feel ashamed you did nothing wrong and give yourself time to grieve (I didn't and found myself frozen at work when my best friend announced her pregnancy to me with the same due date I had).

A lot of people will tell you that it will happen when you stop thinking about it and maybe that is true but do what you feel is helpful. Don't feel bad about peeing on a stick every day from 5dpo util AF arrives or doesn't arrive ;) Just do what you feel comfortable with (I know this is against my own advice above but the number one thing is to do what you feel comfortable with)

A good thing to know is that PMS and early pregnancy symptoms can be identical this is because in the beginning both are the result of progesterone rising. Your body will naturally prepare for a pregnancy every month and it's not util it senses that there is none that it begins to shed it's lining (AF).

My advice is a little more on the physiological side of things but I hope it still gets to tag along I've pretty much only used Ovulation tests, evening primrose oil, preseed and femara/letorozole and a few to many pregnancy tests :p

Baby dust to all!!

Does anyone know any good vitamins for women? Right now I'm taking kind of a lot, but I feel it's necessary because I don't eat meat and since my family is middle eastern we eat a lot of bread and rice also :shrug: I take Prenatal (spring valley), B12, D3, and Cranberry (those are almost gone). Are the gummy womens reproductive health good/helpful?

I hope this post gets more attention!
:friends:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back