Advice needed...lots of bleeding

Number1colts

Reaction score
Hi ladies! So I'm going through quite a bit here and don't know where to turn. I found out I was pregnant 2 weeks ago which made me 4 weeks. The same day I started spotting. It started as brown. Over the new few days it turned to pink then black. And now the last 4 days it's been bright red.
I have called my dr 3 times now and they will not see me until my 9 week apt. They have put me on bed rest. Basically they said if I'm
Not filling a pad an hour there's nothing they can do. I am not filling a pad an hour, but every single time I go to the bathroom the toilet is bright red and my entire toilet paper is red. Today I started have stringy blood (solid red). This is 2 weeks of bleeding now. I still have a strong positive pregnant test and sore boobs (my only symptom so far). I think I have read every single thread on the internet, but just wanted to write my own and get some advice or stories related to mine. Thanks for any advice. I know I could change dr's, but don't really want to as they know my history and I really like her. Oh, I did have a mc in oct of last year so know somewhat what to look for and to expect if I mc. Also, my symptoms vanished 2 weeks prior mc before but are still strong right now.

I never will understand why Drs won't see patients under these kind of circumstances. I know there's " nothing they can do", but it's incredibly stressful to live in such limbo. I'm sorry you're having to go through this. :hugs: I don't really have much advise, some of the ladies in a situation similar to yours take themselves to the er, where they usually do an u/s. It's an option if you want to go that route. Praying for you! Keep us updated.

Hi hun, i have posted in 1st tri boards a similar thing. I have had brown bleeding for 2 weeks. I know how frustrating it is and how alone you feel :hugs: Its such a scary time and the doctors wont do anything. I was told to wait till 7 weeks then i can have a scan. Thats easier said than done, they just dont care.

Keep your feet up and keep resting. I have done a lot of research myself on bleeding in early pregnancy and read stories of people having healthy babies at the end of it with no explanation for the bleeding. Good luck hun x

How far are you then? That sounds a lot like my second miscarriage. I spotted brown blood for a week before I started full on bleeding bright red and sooo many clots. But my hcg dropped super fast, within a few days. If you are miscarrying there really isn't anything they can do. I have spent over 600 dollars on 2 miscarriages for nothing. So I found the doctors pretty unhelpful at this point. But if you have a strong positive, it could be subchorionic hematoma which means you should relax as much as possible and try calling a different OBGYN.

Hiya, really sorry to hear you are going through this. As the previous poster said, it could be a miscarriage but it could be something else. I think it's pretty bad that the doctor's just saying they can't do anything - true, if it is a miscarriage there isn't anything they can do to stop it but they could do a scan to see what's going on. I think leaving you bleeding and just waiting for weeks is pretty cruel and not a good standard of care. Wishing you all the best.

Thanks for the replies. I've thought about going to the er, but have read so many horror stories. I am. 6 weeks. There are no clots and most of the blood is watery, just bright red. No cramps either. So 2 weeks of bleeding, not nothing like my mc last year which was painful and lots of clots

The ER won't do anything either :( Just test your hcg. Have you tried calling your primary doctor to do quantitive hcg blood draws? Or are there any other O'NEAL in the area? So sorry you have to go through this and then be treated like that!

I'd go to the er. I've gone there with bleeding and got an ultrasound done. I was also 6 wks. Mine was a miscarriage. Started out brown, turned pink and one drop of red blood, then lots of constant brown spotting. I never bled much red until the miscarriage actually started. They never found a sac on me because my hormones never got above 500.

Thanks for the replies. I've thought about going to the er, but have read so many horror stories. I am. 6 weeks. There are no clots and most of the blood is watery, just bright red. No cramps either. So 2 weeks of bleeding, not nothing like my mc last year which was painful and lots of clots

this happened to me.
they only decided to see me when i told them i was having severe pain and filling a pad an hour.
i know it was bad to lie but im glad i did. because i infact was losing my baby.

There is something they could do....they could give you a scan so you'd have some information! Geesh, it takes like 5 minutes. Or at least test your hcg to see if it's still going up or starting to fall. Of course they can't stop a miscarriage, but leaving you to wait it out and have to wonder and worry is awful. I'm sorry you're going thru this and I hope you get some answers soon, and hope it's good news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"