Advice needed on OPKs

Bing28

Pregnant with #1
Reaction score
Well today is CD1 of my 3rd cycle TTC #1.

For my 1st cycle we just tried to let nature take its course. For 2nd cycle we tried conceive plus so for 3rd cycle I think I'm going to try OPKs as I don't really have any idea when I ovulate!

Which OPKs do you use/recommend and why?

X

I definitely recommend clear blue opks - they show a smiley face on the day/s your surging and a blank on the days you are not. Absolutely no confusion at all! GL x

I completely agree with the clear blue digital with the smiley (just the regular, not the advanced with the flashing smiley). ��

I agree with everyone. I've been ttc for 11 months now, and I've used the ClearBlue Easy Digital. No guessing with lines and whether they're darker or not, etc. I've probably used that monitor at least 5-6 cycles. I always get a smiley face for about two days out of the month, so its a really convenient tool. I did hear that just because the LH surge is detected, doesn't necessarily mean that you released an egg, so I also temp and make sure I get the temp spike a day or two after I get the smileys. Makes me feel better knowing. The opk's are a really great tool.

Great I will look at buying myself one tomorrow.

When do you usually start using them, as had a quick look on amazon and a 20 stick one says its a two month supply. Do you start straight after your AF had finished or a bit later? I usually have a 29/30 day cycle (even though this month was 27 days, but counting that as an anomaly!)

X

Maybe start from CD10/11 if you happened to have a short cycle this time. How long does your AF last hun?

There's an insert in the box that will tell you which day to start testing, based on your average cycle. I have to admit though, when I first started using them, I decided to start a couple days earlier than what the instructions said (I just had this feeling that I should). I started testing on CD 8. I'm so glad I did, because as it turns out, I was O'ing earlier than most women.... CD 10! So I got a blank circle on CD 8, then the smilies on CD 9 and 10. That's early to ovulate, so it's probably not necessary for you to start that early, but I wanted to throw it out there since it did happen to me. I was missing my little window every month until that opk! ;)

Oh, just a little clarification... I was O'ing early all that time, but I just started taking Clomid this cycle, so I believe my ovulation has been pushed to CD 14 now (according to the opk as well). :)

I used the homehealth ones online the high sensitivity ones and became pregnant first time using those.

Thanks everyone.

I have ordered some of the ClearBlue digital advanced ovulation tests and they should arrive on Wednesday.

Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->