advice needed on ultrasound

nic_ttc_no3

Reaction score
I am now 10 days late with negative tests i seen my doctor yesterday after horrendous ovary pain on the left she sent me for an ultrasound today.

I have just been for an ultrasound and the woman was awful she said at beginning i can't tell you if your pregnant you have to wait to see your doctor again on Friday.

First she spent alot of time around my uterus and took 3 pictures.

She the moved up towards my ovary and after a quick check went to my kidneys taking no pictures.

She then said well your ovary is fine no cyst i will tell your doctor and right a report for her for everything else the ushered me out room.

Me and my partner are so.confused is it normal for her to take pictures of my uterus and no where else could this be a possible pregnancy and why did she take so long there?
Me nor my partner could see the screen so couldn't work anything out for ourselves.

They say stay stress free but now we have a long 2 days wait to see doctor

xx

I'm sorry I don't really have any advice on this situation but what a horrible person, she should of talked through what she was looking at etc, I think that is terrible, after all it is your body! Good luck Hun hope everything goes well.

Thank you hun her attitude was horrible my partner was so annoyed she has me more worried now.

I just don't understand why she took pictures of my uterus and nowhere else.

I've been having a horrible taste in my mouth today my partner Googled it and apparently its another sign :-/ never had it with my other 2 though so that's new to me. We just want to know if we have our little bundle of joy on way xx

Why could she not let you know if she found a pregnancy? That's really unfair, I really hope she did find a teeny little bean in there Hun. Fx :dust:

I have had 2 transvaginal ultrasounds recently. Both were ordered to check for ovarian cysts. And yes they do look at your uterus as well and take measurements and pictures. It is a routine part of the transvaginal ultrasound exam.

If there were a baby they would tell you. And they would measure the sac and everything.

Ultrasound techs are not allowed to tell you if they find anything, so it makes sense why she would be mum.

I once went for an ultrasound to see if I had uterine fibroids. The tech took a ton of pictures but didn't tell me if he saw any fibroids. Everything ended up being fine, but I knew he couldn't tell me either way. The pictures are taken whether they see abnormalities or not and sent to the doctor to analyze.

If you are this late and popping negative tests, I think it's safe to say you are not pregnant.

Thanks for making it clearer ladies ill see what doctor says on Friday x

Hi, just to say I don't really know why sonographer was so horrible but hoping u have a speedy couple of days til u see the dr xx fx'd! X

Hi. I had a ultra sound done last month as I have had lots of pain on one side near the ovary. The sonograper sounds very similar to your one, very quick and matter of fact, she only looked at my uterus so I asked her about my ovaries and she said she had looked at them and all was fine. I think she ist of angled other towards them rather than scanning directly over them .

I think regardless of what ultrasound techs are allowed to tell you is no excuse for been so rude, you shouldn't of been rushed out of the room either. Don't give up hope on pregnancy Hun.

Thanks everyone her attitude was the worst part of it all. I have woke this morning with AF :( and a very very painful one xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"