Advice needed on urgent referal

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by tink30, Jun 2, 2011.

1. tink30

tink30 Well-Known Member

Hi Girls,

I went to the doctors last friday morning and my doctor told me he was sending and urgent referal to the hospital diabetic team to get me on insulin ( im diabetic type 2).. i also have a bicornuate uterus (it splits in to two) and he was sending an urgent referal to the gynocologists for early scans.. to see if the baby implanted in the right place.

Im 5 half weeks pregnant.. and the first 9 weeks my sugar levels need to be spot on to stop baby having deformities.. or me havin an early MC...

I havent heard anything :-( i've rang the doc surgery.. and they said the midwife should be in contact.. but she isnt the hospital.. i feel like im being left and im scared.. If i should be on isulin urgently then surely they should know whats happening.

What do you think girls?? The midwifes phone says shes away til next tuesday :-//

xxx

2. bubba03

bubba03 Active Member

Go back to the dr as an emergency appointment and refuse to leave until they get answers. They can ring and find out what's going on for you there and then if they want.

3. tink30

tink30 Well-Known Member

Thanks hun, i have an appointment sat morning that was booked a few weeks ago.. i was gunna cancel.. but i guess this is my best opportunity to get something sorted xx