advice needed on what to get

Mummylou23

Reaction score
for my princess :cloud9: well ive got a full outfits and some little shoes and a few little snow suits but I dont have any baby gros or vests etc and wondered how many i should get because I am not one of those mums that put baby in baby gros for first three months it really annoys me they are for bed only i think xxx

That depends on how often you want to do laundry I guess. I am going to aim for 7 to 10 baby gro's each and about that many socks and leggings as well. I think vests/babygros are definitely going to be what they will wear most in the beginning so I am not worrying so much about outfits. We are most likely not going out all that much in the first few weeks till we have established a good routine with BF, naps and nappies etc.

thanks hun yeah i dont think we will be going out much either but i have a 2 yr old so wouldnt be fair on him to stay loads in first few weeks and I have made a wee list but i am unsure on how many of like bibs etc as its been a while since had my son xx

i was like that but for the first few days they go thru so many!!! and u can get some really nice and pretty day ones in Next and places! but anyway babies get changed about 3 times a day(well my dd did) so you want things that are not too fussy for u or baby! xx

lol, I was also like that about having only outfits to start with but outfits create a lot more laundry hassle (Ironing and hanging up etc) than sleepsuits in the early days and puke and exploding nappies generate a lot of changing!! I'd say 7-10 sleepsuits is a good number and at least the same number of vests. vests are super cheap in the likes of Tesco & ASDA and when they get a pile of stains on them it isn't so annoying to throw them out! Another thing with things like little jeans and skirts is that they can be a hassle in the snow suits as they ride up when you are putting the snow suit on making LO uncomfortable whereas the sleep suits don't. On cold days I'd layer up the sleepsuits under the snow suit rather than put on heavier jeans. I hope that makes sense.

Also a thing I learnt the hard way was when baby is little make sure you have at least 1 spare outfit from top to toe in your bag, 2 is safer as some of those exploding nappies can be epic!! There's nothing quite as horrifying as being in a cafe with a friend and discovering that you have a baby who has poo in their hair and you don't have a change of clothes for them!! Then you have to go in a hurry to buy something (anything) new to get the poor scrap changed into!! lol. Its funny now lol

lol im one of them mums that keeps babies mainly in sleepsuits, they look so much more comfy for them than jeans etc, im lost for what to get and iv had two babies before lol

lol im one of them mums that keeps babies mainly in sleepsuits, they look so much more comfy for them than jeans etc, im lost for what to get and iv had two babies before lol

I'm the same. I don't have any outfits but plenty of sleep suits etc. x x

Personally im also one of them mums that keep babies in babygros for the first few weeks. Babie dont looke like babies if they are all dressed up in outfits at just a few days old!! Ive got plenty of vest and baby gros to last a few days (i do washing everyday anyway) so theres plenty for me (thats just newborn hehe)

i think i didnt make my self clear ops lol i will be putting her in baby gros for first few weeks till shes bout 3 -4 weeks then put her in little outfits :( i feel like it looked like i was judging and wasnt

i think i didnt make my self clear ops lol i will be putting her in baby gros for first few weeks till shes bout 3 -4 weeks then put her in little outfits :( i feel like it looked like i was judging and wasnt

I don't think it looked like you were judging!! :) She'll be gorgeous no matter what she wears and you will have a lot of fun getting through the outfits! :)

No I didn't think you were judging either and anyone who goes into a baby shop and doesn't drool over the cute lil outfits available probably never had a baby coming or one to buy for! I just thought that I am most likely to turn out to be one of those mums who is so hassled by having to redress two babies several times a day that I will probably have to abstain from too many of those cute outfits and stick with babygros or I'll not be able to cope. And I do regret that!

The first few months, I keep my baby in sleepers, onesies, and wearable blankets.

I plan on putting the baby in sleepers as much as possible when we're home. They're easier for sure. When we go out to the outside world, I'll try to dress LO like a human. :)

thanks girls yeah think baby gros are good for indoors outfits for out door if makes sense lol i ave been looking online at baby gros etc some lovely ones :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->