advice needed, please read. im worried

ProudMum

Reaction score
hi girls...
i just had a weird episode. I havent had anything to eat today and i suddenly went all funny... sorta lost my breath and felt my heart racing to where i had to lay down..
i have just had a cup of tea and a bit of food and feel ok now but im really worried about the affect my blood pressure would have on the baby...
what could have caused this? i always thought lack of food equalled low blood pressure which doesnt normally make your pulse race....
any advice please.

i have started to get this if it's been a while since i've eaten. Was shopping yesterday with DH and had to dash back to the car and have a drink coz i nearly passed out, was not a nice feeling atall but as soon as i had something to drink i felt a little better then when hubby came to car with stuff i had something to eat and felt better still. Must be to do with low blood sugar levels

did your pulse race????? thats what i dont understand, low blood sugar doesnt normally cause racing pulse.
Im worried I have pre-eclampsia or something ridiculous like that.
did you too feel as tho you could not catch your breath and was slightly shaky??? it was almost like a weak sickening feeling that caused a weird passing out feeling..

yep and its quite common to get feeling of racing pulse or blood rushing through your ears just before you pass out. Shakiness is also another sign of low blood sugar. Plus if it was alleviated by eating and having something to drink further suggests its related to your blood sugar levels. Keep an eye on it and try eating more regular, small meals and make sure your hydrated. If your worried have a chat with your GP about it xx

yep and its quite common to get feeling of racing pulse or blood rushing through your ears just before you pass out. Shakiness is also another sign of low blood sugar. Plus if it was alleviated by eating and having something to drink further suggests its related to your blood sugar levels. Keep an eye on it and try eating more regular, small meals and make sure your hydrated. If your worried have a chat with your GP about it xx

thanks for that :) made me feel better...
i was concerned about baby more than anything... i know high blood pressure is bad for the baby and wasnt sure what affect a racing pulse would have on the little one....
glad to hear im not alone in this... scared me half to death xxx

You dont necessarily get any symptoms atall with high blood pressure but it does sound really like what i had yesterday and i'd had mp bp checked the same day and it was fine.

Glad ive helped put your mind at ease a little but do keep an eye on it and make sure youre eating and drinking plenty :) Little bubs needs his/her energy :) xx

hun make sure you eat often as you will feel like crap, but baby will be fine. your body takes every bit of goodness and leaves you with the crap so if your not eating properly then your left with nothing.

I'm not sure why you aren't eating. The baby needs food to grow. Don't forget whatever it doesn't get from the foods you eat it will take it from you. Example : calcium from your bones. Please be careful.

Pre eclampsia occurs after 20 weeks if it is going to. Am sure it's just cos you didn't eat. Your heart will race when you feel faint or dizzy due to adrenalin.

I have hypoglycemic tendencies (low blood sugar) and that sounds quite a bit like the symptoms I get just before I faint. Pregnancy causes your blood sugar levels to be a little all over the place which is why it's good to eat regular small meals throughout the day...my midwife recommends 6 meals a day including snacks.

It's quite scary when it happens, but bean should be fine.

thanks girls for the replies... very helpful.

I went thru a stage where all i could do was eat and then it did a reverse on me and I just didnt want to eat at all. The result?? feeling really ill, almost too ill to want to get up and make food. :( im sure you ladies know that feeling...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->