Advice needed please - TMI post

littlesteph

expecting baby no:3
Reaction score
Hi,
I've had a uti for 11 days now, on my 3rd course of antibiotics, ended up in a&e yesterday because of it, the doctor I saw said my results didn't show any sign of a uti but said that it sounded like the infection had started to travel to my kidneys, he went on the pain I was in and I guess the area of my back where the kidneys can be felt.

I notice yesterday afternoon that I had started having pink discharge, I've had some today as well, the discharge is a little heavier then normal. I'm not due to ovulate until around the 17th so I don't think its that.
I had to take the MAP pill last month (condom spilt on me and hubby) I got a bleed 6 days after taking it which lasted 4 days and then period arrived on the 3rd lasted 4 days 2 days shorter then normal.

could the discharge be because of the uti having lasted so long, I think the uti is almost clear, doesn't hurt so much to pee and not peeing as often.
could antibiotics cause pink discharge

got hubby out getting a test so we can rule that out as I've only ever had uti while pregnant, plus I have read people getting their periods after taking the MAP pill and still being pregnant.
sorry for the long post.

Im not sure.
I did have a friend that hat ecoli in her kidneys over the holidays and had to stay hospitalized. Then had to go to the hospital every 6 hrs for an antibiotic IV

We have something similar, we have a 111 service where we can ring up and they tell you whether they think you need to be seen or whether it is something that can be treated at home, the discharge isn't pink any more, but still have more than usual, no smell to it, but if it carries on much longer think I'll try and see my gp

And not pregnant tested this morning, bit of a relief lol, as much as I would like some more just not yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->