Advice needed...

FEDup1981

Mam of two & two angels
Reaction score
My lil boy is almost 2yrs 9 months, and i need some advice on a couple of things......

* Potty training ~ he wont even sit on his potty, and we have tried several times to begin potty training, but no luck. He wont tell me he needs a wee or poo until after hes done it, and wont sit on the potty...what do i do?

* Drinking out of a cup ~ he cant do this. I feel a lot of it is prob my fault for not encouraging him when he was younger :blush: but he just doesnt get what to do. He sticks his tongue in the cup. Yesterday i went out to get him a new beaker to start trying again, but he just wont do it...

* Using a spoon and fork ~ he CAN do this, but isnt brilliant at it, and he prefers to use his hands. He will even (sometimes) eat yogurt will his hands :rofl:

With everything else he has always been forward at doing things, so its kinda frustrating, and i dunno what else to do....

ANY IDEAS??????

I dont have an older baby but have expirence with babies that age

fo the potty I used to tell my nephew he had to put out the fire on the village lol and made a big fuss about it called him the fireman of the house ..there are some draw backs as he peed in the plant and said" it was on fire lol" but other then that it worked ..i used to re-ward him with stickers too.

for the beaker I put his fav drink in it and that worked but not all babies fall for it

And as for the fork and spoon cant help ya there I still prefer to used my hands for certain things lol

have you tried putting a straw in the cup maybe if you drink from a straw in his cup he will want to copy atleast it gets him off bottles or beakers ?

Potty training - we got a book called 'I want my potty' and unbelievably, it worked. I read it to her everyday and after a couple of days she wanted to sit on the potty while I read and it just went from there. It comes in an audio book version too with songs and she loved that as well. I still get the 'I want my potty' song stuck in my head...not cool when you find yourself singing it aloud in public!

Hope this helps. Good luck. x

have you tried putting a straw in the cup maybe if you drink from a straw in his cup he will want to copy atleast it gets him off bottles or beakers ?

Thanks...yeah he will use a straw in a beaker or cup, hes fine with that, but just wont drink normally from a cup like we would.

i'll have a look for that book and try the fireman thing, im willing to try anything! ive tried the reward chart, that didnt work at all.

And if anyone has any more ideas id love to hear them... thanks all xxx

aww sweetie no advice as maddi is my first just wanted to say :hugs:

thanks hun! its so frustrating, i dont know what to try next!! i know he will get there one day, im just a bit concerned that he wont be ready for when he starts nursery next year.

nevermind!! xx

dont worry hun they all do things in there own time hel get there eventually at least he can drink from a strw so thats a starting point

thanks hun! its so frustrating, i dont know what to try next!! i know he will get there one day, im just a bit concerned that he wont be ready for when he starts nursery next year.

nevermind!! xx

oh sweetie :hugs: motherhood is so hard, i worry all the time maddi isn't doing what she should be. i'm sure your LO will be ok, it must be so hard, you sound like your doing a great job, i'm sure he'll all be set for nursery :hugs::hugs::hugs:

dont worry hun they all do things in there own time hel get there eventually at least he can drink from a strw so thats a starting point

when i saw the HV a good few months ago i mentioned it then, and she said she was surprised he could drink from a straw and not from a cup, 'cos its much harder to drink from a straw.
I dont want to put pressure on him, cos he just backs off, so think its best he does it in his own time like u say.
Thanks everyone xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->