Advice on a friend

Jencocoa

Reaction score
Hello,

I am not TTC so I hope it is OK I post this here. I have a dear dear friend who has been trying to conceive for years. She has Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome, which makes it even more difficult. She knew I was done having kids and so she will know this baby was a surprise. Another of our close friends is pregnant with a surprise blessing as well. I can't say I know what she is feeling, and while she will be happy for me, I feel like it might be painful for her as well. Is there anything you would recommend I say to her or any particular way to tell her?

Thanks for your advice. :hugs:

I have no advice for you sweetie, but what a lovely friend you are! :hugs:

I had similar experience, i got pregnant on the 1st attempt (honeymoon baby) so while he was definately planned, I knew it would be hard for my friend to take as she was trying for years. She actually had a m/c just days before she guessed i was pregnant.
My friend made a point of telling me that she was happy for me and wouldnt ever want me to think any different. I just tried not to moan about the little things in front of her( morning.sickness etc)and it made me appreciate how lucky i was.
She was very supportive and i think i just let her ask about the baby rather than lead every conversation about baby. I also made sure i made time for her and supported her as best i could.
When my little one was 6 months she got her miracle baby.
It may or may not work out for your friend, but she will be happy for you, she will just be sad for her. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->