• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

advice on asthma treatments??

arual

Reaction score
I'm just into my 5th week and very excited! Very confused about my asthma medication though can anyone help? I take the preventer acuhaler and flixonase. I asked my doctor today if it is safe to take these and she said she didn't really know! The leaflet says to ask your doctor. Some advice says don't stop taking it as asthma can get worse - now I don't know what to do...
Any one else asthmatic???:shrug:

I have the blue salbutamol inhaler and the brown preventer, and both are perfectly fine to continue using, doctor recommended 6-8 puffs of salbutamol as i have been really chesty lately. I've also had sinusitus and a chest infection and the doc put my on 8 steroids a day for a week, which are also perfectly safe, they worked wonders. Unfortunately starting to feel rubbish again tho :(

P.S, doc also recommended use through a spacer, as the taste makes me feel sick?

Thanks so much - that is reasuring to hear. My doctor said the steriods could be harmful to the baby's growth but didn't really know and looked it up in a book that must have been years old - but it sounds like your doctor has a bit more expreience and knows what they are talking about! I guess I will just carry on as normal... I have a cough and cold at the moment and the last thing I want is for this to turn into a chest infection. I do hope you start to feel better soon. I know how stressful and exhausting it can be to have a bad period of asthma. Stay warm and sleep! x

I have asthma and my doctor advised me it was super important for myself and the baby to be able to breath which is why the meds are important! They are class C though because of course it is unethical to test medications on pregnant women.....

I take Advair twice daily for my preventative med(inhaled corticosteroids) and Albuterol (rescue medication) as needed as well as Zyrtec for allergies (causes many of my asthma attacks!)

I've always wondered about this myself! My mother told me growing up that she wasn't sure I could take my asthma medications if I ever got pregnant. It's been something of a concern, as we've been TTC for the past 2 years. Good info! Thanks, ladies!

I've had asthma for years and also smoked for about 4 or 5.. my doctor told me it's fine to continue using my inhaler (albuterol) and take advair (which I actually haven't been taking for a few months since I'm not on my parent's insurance anymore)... it's better to be able to breathe! He didn't think I should use it TOO much, but if I need it not to be afraid too. Fortunately I quit smoking as soon as I found out and have hardly needed it! I was using it just about every day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"