Advice on breaking baby of bad habits??

Itsychik

Reaction score
DS2 is 8 months old. He has gotten into a pattern of waking extremely frequently at night (as much as every hour) and will only be consoled by nursing back to sleep (sometimes for only a few minutes, so he's not hungry!). This has been going on for months, but he's getting more and more frequent (i.e. This is not just a growth spurt!). To say that I'm exhausted would be an understatement.

My DD had a similar problem at 14 months and I got so fed up that one night I just refused to take her out to nurse. I tried every other thing I could think of to comfort her in her bed but she screamed and screamed for more than two hours before finally falling asleep, and the next night she STTN. Not sure I'm ready for such drastic measures with DS2 though...

Any advice or suggestions???

Hi Hun hope your well I don't really have any advice as such I bottle fed mine but I do agree your right and it's or Probably habit
With Cruz I just started watering his bottles down so 5oz water 4scoops milk etc obv you can't do this
And I would say give him less time each night but then you said sometimes it's only a few mins
I think maybe the only way you will break this habit is to stop offering all the time but Ino how it is when your tired x

Could you try a noise machine? I have a white noise maker for my current lo, much younger, but I know my sister got one for her ds when he was one and she was so mad she didn't get one sooner. I have one I either set the timer or just let it run all night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->