Advice on Clexane and Steroids

Pinkie3

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

I am due to start my 3rd IVF in May. On previous cycles we haven't produce many eggs but had good fertilisation so we were advised to concentrate on implantation. I am having the endoscratch and will also be taking Clexane injections and steroids after egg collection. I am feeling really nervous about these and have read that the clexane injections are awful (must stop googling).

Is there anyone who has experience with these? Any stories, advice or tips you can share would be much appreciated.

I was on clexane injections for 7 weeks due to broken leg. I wont lie they sting.

My personal preference was to apply Emla gel (a numbing agent) to the needle site about 30 mins prior to the injection and then inject slowly.

The first few days I tried to get it over quickly but for me I had a burning pain at the site and more bruising. When the injection was done over a period of say 10-15 seconds it stung a little more with the needle in but next to no discomfort afterwards. Good luck!

I take fragmin, which is the same thing (in North America we use fragmin or lovenox instead of clexane).

It's not bad at all, aside from the fact you'll have a bruised stomach. The needle is small and it does sting going in but the volume of liquid is so small it's done in like 2 seconds. Your entire abdomen will be bruised in about a week or so, nothing really you can do about it, it's just that sometimes you'll hit a capillary that will bleed under the skin.

Honestly these are really not any worse than the stim drugs.

Thank you for the responses ladies, sounds like I just need to be a big girl and get on with it. If it helps make this cycle work then I suppose any discomfort will be worth it.

3chords - I see a recent BFP on your signature. Huge congratulations and wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy.

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->