Advice on cotbed mattress?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by WelshGirl, Oct 15, 2008.

1. WelshGirl

WelshGirl Mummy at last!!

Hi girls,

I was just wondering if anyone has any advice on which mattress we should buy for our LO's cotbed.

We have a choice between foam or sprung.....not much difference in price, but is one better than the other?? My logic tells me that sprung should last a bit longer, as it shouldn't get dents in it so quickly....

Can anyone help?!

xxxx

2. jenstar

jenstar Well-Known Member

My LO is still in the wooden crib (foam mattress) but when we move up to a cot I am going to go for another foam mattress, it seems comfier and squashier for them... it's not like he is heavy like me and hubby and needs a sprung mattress! You might think differently though, especially if you are thinking of using a cotbed and having LO in it for a few years. I need to get moving get my cot picked!

3. WelshGirl

WelshGirl Mummy at last!!

We're getting a cotbed, in the hope it will last til she is 3 or 4....but I guess we can always replace the matress in a couple of years if needs be....

Thanks for your advice xx

4. reallytinyamy

reallytinyamy Mum and step mum

we have a foam matress fr Chloes cotbed

5. xXhayleyXx

xXhayleyXx Happy mummy of 6 :)

I have used foam and sprung in the past and feel that the sprung ones last alot longer and are a better quality and more comfy. I for one wouldnt want to sleep on a foam matress lol

6. alyxzandra

alyxzandra Mom to Sebastian

We have a cotbed and went for a pocket sprung mattress.

7. nikky0907

nikky0907 Well-Known Member

Lola-Rose still sleeps in her moses basket but I have the sprung madress in her cotbed.
    Much more comfy in my opinion and if you're going for the quality,the sprung definitely lasts longer.