Advice on leaky nappies please!

JulyBaby

Reaction score
Hi ladies, i was hoping that some of you may have some advice on leaky nappies! My lo is 6 mths & is in Pampers baby dry size 3 (she is 17lb so this should be right size) but literally every time she poos, it goes everywhere (sorry tmi) & I have had to cut her out of so many vests! I was just wondering if anyone else had had this problem and which nappies they switched to which solved the problem!! She has just started solids so possibly a little more explosive than before but this is getting ridiculous! Thankyou in advance!

we used pampers size 3 and they leaked everytime too, so we switched to asda size 3 and not had a problem since, so weird. think it to do with the shape of the nappies, someseem to suit different babies of different sizes!
x

I've never used pampers always huggies and I've never had a problem xxx

LOL I had this yesterday with our LO, I knew there was a biggish one coming as she hadnt pood all morning, one big strain and BOOM! Poo all down her leg, all over MY leg, it went everywhere and that was a huggies newborn.
I dont like the design on the Huggies nappies as it looks like they are cutting into her bottom at the side a bit but the pampers equivalent are HUGE by comparison.
Cant win.

we used pampers size 3 and they leaked everytime too, so we switched to asda size 3 and not had a problem since, so weird. think it to do with the shape of the nappies, someseem to suit different babies of different sizes!
x

Thanks dizzymeg, time to try a different brand i think, we don't have an Asda nearby unfortunately so think it'll have to be Huggies even though i didn't like the smell of them before (!) strange as she has been fine in Pampers until now.. These babies know how to keep us on our toes!

I found papmers size 3 too small on Alfie & he is also 17lb, i switched to pampers size 4 which are from 15-40lb & they have been much better. Alfie only wears disposable nappies at night & when we are away tho.

Pampers babydry seemed really small to us. Switched to asda and they are great x

I found papmers size 3 too small on Alfie & he is also 17lb, i switched to pampers size 4 which are from 15-40lb & they have been much better. Alfie only wears disposable nappies at night & when we are away tho.

Hi ya our LO is 18lb and we have him in size 4 pampers, that doesnt always stop the explosions though but their def better. Did try Huggies but he leaked everytime with these even if it was just a wee. Think like someone else said it all depends on the baby but if you find a way to stop it PLEASE let me know!! :happydance:

I did try huggies too & i foun them a nightmare

I did try huggies too & i foun them a nightmare

We brought 2 hundred huggies when he was first born and i've still got about 1 hundred. They didnt fit right i dont think!!

Thankyou for all of your replies, will buy some size 4 pampers & also Huggies today, will try tmw and let you know.. Hopefully explosions are over for today.. famous last words!x

This happened to Millie in size 3 pampers switched to size 4 & not had any problems since! (By her weight she should of stayed in size 3 tho) x

Hi ladies, i was hoping that some of you may have some advice on leaky nappies! My lo is 6 mths & is in Pampers baby dry size 3 (she is 17lb so this should be right size) but literally every time she poos, it goes everywhere (sorry tmi) & I have had to cut her out of so many vests! I was just wondering if anyone else had had this problem and which nappies they switched to which solved the problem!! She has just started solids so possibly a little more explosive than before but this is getting ridiculous! Thankyou in advance!

Exact same problem with exact nappies and size. I've resigned myself to the fact that this will always happen. Huggies don't fit LO properly and I've tried every different type of pampers they do. I now use spray vanish on her pooh stained clothes as she goes twice a day and I always have to wash and re clothe her. Sooooo frustrating x

Hi hun, I started my dd off in Huggies which I loved and then had the same problem with escaping poos. I then tried her in Pamper Simply dry nappies which for us are great. However, we've started to have the same problem again. When my DD was last weighed at 6.5 moths she weighed 16LB's exactly and was in size 3.

I've just run out of size 3 nappies and will be seeing how she goes in size 4's when I next change her nappy, which weight wise she just fits into.

If we carry on with explosive poo's I'll be experimenting with nappy's again. Sigh. I'm sick of seeing stained vests.

I spoke too soon.. another exploding nappy;( have had to cut her out of 2 vests today.. she just doesn't stay still & hates having her nappy changed its a nightmare, every nappy change is a battle & I can't cope with covering her in poo etc etc so cutting them off is the easier (& more expensive!) option! She has gone to bed in a size 4 Pampers Active Fit but she usually saves exploding nappies for the daytime (small relief) but the nappy did look big on her & gaped at the back like the size 3 but we'll see what tmw brings.. also bought some Huggies but size 3 so will also try them tmw.. Oh the joys!x

Hi hun, I started my dd off in Huggies which I loved and then had the same problem with escaping poos. I then tried her in Pamper Simply dry nappies which for us are great. However, we've started to have the same problem again. When my DD was last weighed at 6.5 moths she weighed 16LB's exactly and was in size 3.

I've just run out of size 3 nappies and will be seeing how she goes in size 4's when I next change her nappy, which weight wise she just fits into.

If we carry on with explosive poo's I'll be experimenting with nappy's again. Sigh. I'm sick of seeing stained vests.

I used to use the Simply Dry and got on well with them actually, not too sure why i changed so may be worth trying them too!x

Its trial and error; mine have always been in the biggest size we can get away with even above the weight recommendation sometimes, have to have them virtually up to their chest and tabs crossed over; but as mine tend to have chubby legs they don't tend to be too large around the thighs; and different brands work at different times. ASDA were good at containing poo but not wee for us; and pampers were useless at both; so at the moment we're in huggies. Still have a poo explosion accident 3 or 4 times a week but nowhere near as bad as before.

I am using these Pampers too and am having exactly the same problem- lo needs a complete change of clothes after every poo. I so wish I hadn't bought so many when they were on offer- I won't be using them again!

My theory is that it isn't the nappies, it's the position they are in when they do a poo! I never have leaks if my LO has been asleep or lying down when he poos, but if he is sitting up on my knee or in his car seat then it always leaks!!

My theory is that it isn't the nappies, it's the position they are in when they do a poo! I never have leaks if my LO has been asleep or lying down when he poos, but if he is sitting up on my knee or in his car seat then it always leaks!!

Agree, when she's bouncing in her jumperoo that really doesn't help the leakage situation! I literally have to run across the room to get her out before she starts bouncing again :haha: But now that she's so active i really can't cope with 3 change of clothes a day! I need something to work!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->