Advice on ovulation

iak

Reaction score
Hey would love some advice on ovulation. So ive only started testing we are not really ttc yet but just having some fun. My periods can be irregular so I thought id start testing this month so have a better chance of knowing for new month. I cant help but feel a bit pressured when it will happen. Really silly but i think thats because i am not sure how it all works.

so it looks like i have had a surge on 16th. We had sex on 13th and 15th. After i had a peak i tested again in the evening and It went down. Does that mean I already ovulated? Also if you dont want to be having sex everyday for the week that you are fertile. When is the best days to try?

99B5C4EC-A191-4483-947B-3CC1FFDB9547.jpeg

It sounds like your timing was good. You can dtd every other day and that should be fine as well. You may also start to notice other small things that happen before ovulation that can help. I find that my sex drive significantly increases the day or two before ovulation, which is definitely useful for ttc.

Thank you for your reply! I tested today and it looks like surge went down. I am not sure if I caught it at it highest but I am learning about the whole testing. We done dtd this morning too but with surge going down would that mean ovulation is around today or tomorrow ? Funny you said that because I ve had pains on the side of my back and pain around sides of my stomach. Must be ovulation pain? I do have pcos so not sure!

You can ovulate anywhere from 12-48 hours after your surge so it’s hard to say. My ovulation pains feels similar to a stitch I my side. I usually know I’ve ovulated once they feel a bit better and then my nipples get very sore. I can still feel the side I ovulated from for about a week after ovulation though. I think I ovulate very soon after getting my peak lh, but I know some women it’s longer.

So this is the tests now up to date. Have no idea why I had another surge! So we dtd on CD12, CD14 and CD16.

is it worth testing this month ? I am now getting creamy discharge abit sticky sorry tmi!

71F45950-8366-442F-A51E-BF8E3F96930E.jpeg

I think if you have pcos you may have multiple surges before you ovulate. Or I’ve seen other women with pcos say they had a lot of positive opks before they actually ovulated.

Sometimes when I ovulated my will start to surge and then go back to negative and then surge again before I actually ovulate, but I don’t have pcos as far as I know.

If I were you I’d keep testing if this is your first month so you can get a good idea of what’s happening in your body usually. Especially if you don’t know what your ovulation signs are. I usually have creamy cm early in my cycle and water cm before ovulation. I almost never get ewcm. After ovulation it dries up and then goes back to sticky and creamy until it picks up a bit before af.

How long is your cycle usually? It’s also possible if you are having o pain you are feeling the follicle growing if you haven’t ovulated yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->