Advice on Possible Ectopic?

MommyGrim

Reaction score
:wacko:
So I started what I thought was my period around the 5th of Dec., which is the first I've had it in 2 months (my period is irregular since I got Mirena put in Feb 2014) and it was I guess different than usual :shrug: It was light, and kind of on and off. Then around the 10th, I started having like pregnancy symptoms, the most pronounced being sensitivity to smells. I made lasagna and oh my god, I almost threw up when I smelled it :sick: I've been peeing a lot, constipated, and I just felt off. So, naturally since we weren't expecting a pregnancy and are definitely NOT ready to have our last one yet, I started freaking out! I finally managed to tell DH about it and he stopped to get pregnancy tests for me after he got off work the following Monday. I took the first one Monday afternoon, so with SMU, and it came up negative. And the next two days I tested with FMU and both came up negative as well. I thought I had put it to rest, everything was in my head, I'm crazy, etc. etc. The smell sensitivity went away, as the did the peeing constantly but I have absolutely NO appetite and in general just feel off still. :wacko: Then today I started having cramping pain and sharp stabbing like pain in my pelvic region on my right side and I know that those are possibly symptoms of a ectopic and honestly, I think I'm just making crap up in my head and it's really nothing.
I know that ectopics are extremely serious and I plan to call my OB tomorrow to explain my symptoms to them and see what they want me to do. I'm afraid, however, that they will send me to the ER or other office because I'm literally petrified of having any male OB or doctor do a vaginal exam on me and every single time I've gone to the ER (for me or any family member) it's ALWAYS been a male dr. :nope: I'm so scared that I'm just stressed out and I'm doing this to myself and it's not really something so serious as an ectopic but I'm also terrified that it could be an ectopic and something bad could happen. I don't know what to do and just looking for advice or really anything...:cry:

Edit: I've also had continuous episodes of dizziness and lightheadedness when I stand up, and sometimes it just happens randomly, which I've never had happen before. I've also had like, quickening feeling, that I would SWEAR was a baby moving but even if I was pregnant there is NO way that it would be developed enough for me to feel?:shrug: I'm so confused! :wacko:

Honestly, if you feel that you ARE pregnant. I say go get looked at! Better to be safe than sorry.. And legally you can request a female doctor or a nurse to look at you instead of a male :)

If you're actively TTC or NTNP it could also just be "in your head" .. I've felt the same the last 2 months and my periods are all out of wack since I got off the bcp. Sharp pains and all.

We haven't been trying, and don't really plan to for another year and a half or until we get into a bigger house, so it definitely came as a complete shock when I started having symptoms.
I figured that I can request a female doctor, but I'm really afraid that I won't be able to. I have severely crippling social anxiety and I typically have trouble having any form of conversation with someone if I'm not listening or agreeing with what they're saying. I'm afraid I'll have a panic attack on top of everything :nope:

I understand completely! I suffer the same.. If I know I can't do it alone, I try and get my OH to help out/talk for me or at least come with me. If you feel comfortable with it, maybe try doing the same? I've also resorted to writing a small note before I leave the house, and if I panic then I either hand the note over or try and gather myself enough to read it. It helps for me.... when I panic I forget everything.

I actually had never thought of a note. That would make things a lot easier! I just talked to DH and asked if we have to go to the ER instead of my regular OB and if we get a male doctor if he would ask for a female doctor and he said he would, which I figured he would but my mind is all over the place. I really appreciate all of your advice, DH is great but he is kind of like a deer in headlights because he has no idea what to do to help me.

I'm sorry you're going through this. :hugs: I absolutely would get checked out if I was in your situation but I think you'll most likely be ok. I've had symptoms like that when I thought they couldn't possibly be "in my head". And I'm not sure they were either. I think there can be a million and one explanations for feeling that way, from vitamin deficiencies to hormone imbalances. It could be side effects of the Mirena that are just cropping up for the first time now. Definitely best to be sure but please don't worry too much!

I have had quiet a lot of experience with diagnosing and management of ectopic pregnancies over the past 10years. I have never seen one in my entire career with a negative pregnancy test. I would be thinking your symptoms are more likely to be an ovarian cyst or something else.

I thought that a problem that indicated eptopic was hcg rising too fast. And since you've had negative tests I'd say it was unlikely to be an epotic but if symptoms persist don't ignore them because you could have ovarian cysts causing you pain or another issue that needs addrrssing. I had these whilst on the mirena and they were so painful.

do you still have the mirena in? i was reading a post somewhere else where a woman shared that she got pregnant with an iud or other contraception implanted (i really can't remember but i can go back and check) and she got negative tests her whole pregnancy. not sure if that infos helpful

I do still have Mirena in and I called my OB, the nurses are talking with her and said they'll get back with me on what she wants to do. The nurse thought she may want to do a sonogram to make sure my Mirena was still in place.

do you still have the mirena in? i was reading a post somewhere else where a woman shared that she got pregnant with an iud or other contraception implanted (i really can't remember but i can go back and check) and she got negative tests her whole pregnancy. not sure if that infos helpful

I hadn't heard that but if that's true I may have a bigger surprise if I go into my dr's office today :shock:

I thought that a problem that indicated eptopic was hcg rising too fast. And since you've had negative tests I'd say it was unlikely to be an epotic but if symptoms persist don't ignore them because you could have ovarian cysts causing you pain or another issue that needs addrrssing. I had these whilst on the mirena and they were so painful.

It's actually the opposite, when hCG doesn't rise fast enough is when it can indicate an ectopic pregnancy. But like you suggested it's sounds more like an ovarian cyst

Well, I haven't experienced any pain today so they said to call back if I have the pain again and they will have me come in to make sure my Mirena is in place, and then they would go from there. Doesn't really help anything but I'm happy to not be in pain anymore...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->