Advice on things for baby

DueMarch2nd

mummy to a little lamb
Reaction score
Ok i found this checklist of stuff to buy for baby. Pardon the terms it is from an american site. Not all is essential but on it it has ...
Waterproof crib liner
matress pad...
Just wondering if anyone is getting these things for leaks?

Also what are crib lights?

this is the list if anyone is interested
https://www.walmart.com/giftregistry/gr_baby_checklist.do

Hi
Not sure what any of that is, maby crib lights are like night lights and a crib liner and matterss pad maby protect the mattress.

The site is from wallmart which is a shop so they probably put on everything that they sell cause they obviously want you to buy it all.

I have found this one on the NHS site
https://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/2321.aspx?CategoryID=54&SubCategoryID=135

Great list! I did get a waterproof crib mattress cover, as I imagine baby will have leaks sometimes. I'm from America and I don't know what crib lights are! I just have a soft lamp in the nursery and may even just use a night light for middle of the night feedings.

The NHS one seems much more reasonable! I wouldn't advise buying too much before baby is born as every baby (and every parent) is different... Just buy the "necessary" stuff then wait and see. :)

Also in the u.s... and no clue what crib lights are! I bought a waterproof mattress thing - both are basically the same concept right? (crib liner & mattress pad)?

Well I figure the crib liner goes under the mattress to protect the crib from damage due to leaks and the mattress pad goes on top of the mattress under the sheets to protect the mattress from leaks. But if you have a mattress pad, surely you wouldnt need a crib liner. I know the list is only suggesting but I am just curious about these waterproof things and if i need one. I have a washable cover on my mattress but it isnt waterproof. i thought waterproof wasnt reccomended because it is plastic and can make baby hot because it doesnt absorb sweat. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->