• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Advice on tixylix

smurff

Mummy to Emily and Harry
Reaction score
Hi, my daughter has a very bad deep chesty cough, sounds like she has a load of rubbish on her chest she's trying to bring up, I can't get to the shops now but I was wondering if I could give her tixylix, I noticed on the bottle it's for 12mths to 5yrs, she's now 6yrs old

Hi, my daughter has a very bad deep chesty cough, sounds like she has a load of rubbish on her chest she's trying to bring up, I can't get to the shops now but I was wondering if I could give her tixylix, I noticed on the bottle it's for 12mths to 5yrs, she's now 6yrs old

I don't think it will be a problem I think from 6 you can give them the "proper" cough medicines that contain Guaifenesin which is much better at helping with the cough whereas tixylix and other cough medicines for under 6's only contain Glycerol which only coats the throat to stop the tickle of the cough.

So yes you can give it and it shouldn't have any ill effects but you can use stronger medication for 6 year olds

Its fine, just give the 5 yr old dose. Might help propping her up tonight too x

Benylin cough and cold orange box got mentioned on here as being amazing. I found some in b&m and Morrisons. It is reeeeeally effective x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"