Advice please after colposcopy x

sammie13s

Reaction score
I had a smear which came back with mild changes and a positive hpv result. So I had my colposcopy yesturday and she took a biopsy as there was some abnormal cells saw. If the biopsy confirms minor changes they will see me again in 12 months. My question is can I still get pregnant or is it safe not too? X

HPV comes in many strands, most of which are harmless and are taken care of by our immune systems. It's the most common sexually transmitted virus in the world and shows so few symptoms that most people will never know that they have it unless they get checked regularly. I had a pap come up positive for HPV a few years ago and it took me one day of during an entire month of being careless to fall pregnant with my DS and he is healthy and beautiful and since that one abnormal pap they've all been normal. I wouldn't worry unless your gyno gives you reason to (HPV can cause cervical cancer, so that's really the only thing that they worry about with it). It does not affect your fertility or your ability to have a safe vaginal birth within full term status in any way what so ever.

I'm due up for my 12-month follow-up this month after biopsy confirmed CIN1. I was told it was still safe to get pregnant (not that I wanted to). They did say not to have sex for a few weeks after so stitches etc heal up, but nothing about avoiding pregnancy or anything like that once I was sexually active again. If you're not sure maybe wait for results of biopsy and go from there babe x

I tested positive for HPV/abnormal pap a few years back. I had a colp and a LEEP done shortly thereafter. I asked my doctor the same question, and she said it shouldn't affect getting pregnant/giving birth at all. All my paps have been normal since the LEEP. So I'd say you're good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->