Advice please (Haemerroid)

mummy_smurf2b

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

i am after a bit of advice from anyone who has suffered with haemerroids before. I got one from carrying my first child which the midwife pointed out when it came to check up after and i was advised to go to the doctor for some cream. I went and got some and it didnt go away even after buying a few tubes myself. Anyway im now pregnant with #2 and worried about it because once baby starts getting bigger and putting pressure down there then its gonna start causing me problems and i expect even be painfull for birth? i really need to get rid of this before that time comes. Has anyone had the same problem and if so how did you finally get rid of it? iv moved house since and so moved doctors, my new doctors only seems to have the one male doctor and im not happy about going to him with something so personal especially as hes from another country so i struggle understanding him aswell. Please help me

thanks

Can you maybe talk to your family dr instead of your ob/midwife?

I can't really be of much help.. I get hemorrhoids but they don't show up until a couple days after delivery, I just keep them coated with preparation h.

Can you maybe talk to your family dr instead of your ob/midwife?

I can't really be of much help.. I get hemorrhoids but they don't show up until a couple days after delivery, I just keep them coated with preparation h.

It is my doc that I don't want to cause he's male n hard to understand. There has to be a way other than op to get rid of it surely?

I have no idea.. is there any way you could see a dr at a different place maybe? Sorry I don't know how things work in the UK =/ I hope you get it figured out!

I have no idea.. is there any way you could see a dr at a different place maybe? Sorry I don't know how things work in the UK =/ I hope you get it figured out!

Not without transferring to a diff doctors

if you're not comfortable with your current dr then I would definitely look into that.. I hope you get the relief you are looking for :)

Yes I definitely will thanks for your replies :D I just want to get rid of it lol

I don't think you can get rid of it unless you remove it with medical intervension, either tie it or remove it by surgery. I have it since long time ago. My doctor tell me to manage it. Now with pregnancy, I got syrup to soften stool. Doctor told me to eat more fibers, drink water a lot and try to avoid straining. I use witch hazel if I feel like stool is not as soft as it should be or I strain a bit. I think haemerroid cream is stronger than witch hazel so may work better but stool must be soft too.
About your doctor, I also sometimes feel hesitant to tell male doctor such a sensitive issue, but I think again....I must not the only one. He must see things worse in his study as a doctor rather than my haemerriod.

I don't think you can get rid of it unless you remove it with medical intervension, either tie it or remove it by surgery. I have it since long time ago. My doctor tell me to manage it. Now with pregnancy, I got syrup to soften stool. Doctor told me to eat more fibers, drink water a lot and try to avoid straining. I use witch hazel if I feel like stool is not as soft as it should be or I strain a bit. I think haemerroid cream is stronger than witch hazel so may work better but stool must be soft too.
About your doctor, I also sometimes feel hesitant to tell male doctor such a sensitive issue, but I think again....I must not the only one. He must see things worse in his study as a doctor rather than my haemerriod.

Oh right I guess il have to hope for best then that it doesn't hurt in Labour :p thanks for the info

If it is so painful or you are concerned it will worsen after labor, can you convience your doctor for c-sec? Just wondering if you prefer c-sec and if it is possible considering your condition?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->