Advice Please! Is my BBT accurate after lying awake for 20-30 minutes?

Wugz22

Reaction score
So if I wake up 45 minutes to an hour before I usually temp (which I seem to always do around O because I'm so anxious to see if I had a temp spike!), should I go ahead and temp then?

Or when I try and fall back to sleep but can't... And I temp after laying still in bed for 45 minutes, is that still my BBT?

I think the thing that affects it more is being awake! If it's only a 45 min discrepancy with when you normally wake up, i personally would just take it right then. But I'd love to see other answers!

I can definitely tell lying awake makes my temps go up. So weird! But it could be different for different women.

Yeah, lying awake worrying about not falling back asleep is seriously messing up my temps. I'm just going to start taking it the moment I wake up, even if its super early. Wouldn't I still see a shift, maybe just not as obvious?

Thanks for responding ladies!

I'm expecting to O very soon, and I know I'll be waking way before my usual time, so I'll let you ladies know if I can still see an obvious shift!

Yeah, lying awake worrying about not falling back asleep is seriously messing up my temps. I'm just going to start taking it the moment I wake up, even if its super early. Wouldn't I still see a shift, maybe just not as obvious?

Thanks for responding ladies!

That’s EXACTLY what I used to do, wake up before my alarm and then stress over trying to go back to sleep and not move, etc etc. It was rather hilarious, really annoying actually.

Now I use the temp adjuster like 50% of the time.

https://www.whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php

If I wake up before my alarm, AND at least 3 hours have passed that I’ve been sleeping, I’ll just take my temps right then, write it down on notepad, then once I’m ready to plug in temps into FF I use the temp adjuster and plug in the adjusted number.

I’ve tested it and know for sure that it works. How? Well, I woke up earlier than my alarm, (like way early), realized I had been asleep for at least 3 hours, and took my temp. Then went back to sleep…when alarm went off, I took my temp again. After using the temp adjuster, I compared both numbers, they were absolutely spot on!

I am going through a very confused state at the moment. Today I am 1 day late for my Periods which very uncommon to me as my cycle is normally 26 or 27 days.Today is CD28 ,13DPO but I still tested BFN.
I am having continuous sore breast(which I never had before) from 9DPO and they appear to be full and veins are visible.From last 2 days I am feeling tired and sleepy all day but sleep not so good at night.felt dizzy and aversion to food.
Till now my hopes were high because I was maintaining a BBT charting and It was quite stable with high temp like 98.2 or 98.1 from past many days.
But last night I had to get up at 3 am and was doing house work for 2 hrs and temp was 97.5 .Then I slept again at 5am to get temp at 7am(I normally take temp everyday at 7am) and it showed 97.7.
I am confused should I Consider todays readings as they shows a great fall and indicate AF. or should I discard them.as it says sometimes that it should be around 5 hr sleep before taking BBT.
Please help

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->