Advice please on my daughter ?

amber26

mother of 2 and pregnant
Reaction score
My daughter is 7 nearly 8 she is a wonderful child we love her very much.Recently i have had to complain to the school and book her appointment with the doctors.
My daughter suffered from glue ear in both ears and had grommit's fitted after a long time about year or so go after suffering for a few years.Luckily its seems to have cleared up with only the odd flare up of it.
Anyway i think it has delayed her she is 7 and can't dress herself.she always puts article's of clothing on the wrong way around inside out.
She is 7 she can't read we sit with her and she can't sound out the words we sit with every night and try and get her to learn to read she is alright for a few minutes then she starts to lose intrest and will just get up and go away.
My husband (step father ) and i were quite concerned when my daughter was asked did she have reading practise at school and was told no.
My husband decided to keep a diary about what shannon had done that day.Everyday shannon can't tell us what she has done she can tell me every thing she has for dinner.But no lesson details she says her mind is fuzzy and she can't remember.But sometimes she comes home and says we were doing something on animals or the romans and she seems very very intrested and it gets her attention for 20 minutes or so then she loses it again. She seems to have a very small attention span sometimes if she enjoys the subject or not at all.
She really seems to like the internet , my daughter is a very good drawer and she lives animals.She wants to be a zoo keeper when she grows up i say u you have to be able to read baby.Or you won't be able to give the animals proper care.
She isn't hyperactivity she is a good girl i have had to tell her of for just going up to people and just talking to them.I tell her it can be very dangerous to do that but she just seem to understand.
She has started to ask people very personal question and when i tell her you can't talk to people like that she doesn't understand what i m trying to say.
She has been hitting my other daughter when she gets angry and grips her by the arm.She doesn't seem to be able to control her temper she did this last night i asked her why she said she got on her nerves so i said you got on my nerves shall i hit you.And she said no you don't hit she apologised to my younger daughter and started crying and said she couldn't control it.
Has anyone got any opinions please ?

You should have her evaluated for sure. It could be something like dyslexia where she is unable to understand the lettering and is then frustrated so she acts out at home. She could have an autism spectrum disorder which could affect all of those things you mentioned even the boundary issue with strangers. She could have a sensory disorder which makes it hard for her to focus is school and put clothes on properly which would again lead to the frustrations and possible acting out. She could also just be having a hard time hearing the lesson or just developing more slowly in some aspects and could use some occupational therapy or extra reading help to get on point. I hope all of thsi gets figured out! How frustrating to not know what's wrong or how to help!

Adanma

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"