Advice please, thank you

Ocean breeze

Reaction score
Hi all - i'm new to this so please bear with me :blush: I hope i'm posting in the right place.

Basically I was hoping for some advice, although I know that everyone's situation is unique so there may not be any concrete answers, probably just more misty confusion!

We've been ttc for 2 years. 10 days ago I had a positive test. Then on the 11th day I had a heavy period. I assumed therefore that I had miscarried. I then had abdominal pain and discomfort and decided to test again (3 days ago), thinking this would confirm miscarriage but it was positive. I went to my GP yesterday and he said 'you should assume you're pregnant' - i asked about 'chemical miscarriages' and whether the positive could be residual hormone - he said maybe but said the chances are that i'm pregnant. I queried about ectopic pregnancy and he said unlikely but if any pain/bleeding then to go to hospital. Last night i had pain and this morning i had bleeding (brown blood) and went to hospital. They then took another urine pregnancy test and this was negative. He said 'you've obviously miscarried but at least you know you can get to the point of conception'.

I know this is clutching at straws but i still don't feel completely 'right' and wonder if his test could be faulty. Now i don't know what to do. I'm off work today and will need to explain all this to them later over the phone. Part of me wonders if there's any chance at all the GP from hospital could be wrong, but then the more logical part of me says that i need to move forwards from this and stop trying to believe that i'm still pregnant.

I know nobody can give me any definite answers but i just wondered if there was any advice around this at all. (I think also it has helped to write it down as i don't know who to talk to).

Thanks in anticipation xxx

Wow hun! That sounds like a tough go of things. I know it's hard to have been LTTTC, and that bfp more than likely rocked your world - but by the sounds of all that blood and pain, and then the neg test results at the hospital... I would sadly think that you had a m/c. :'( The GP that you went to first sounds like a jerk, imho he should have had you tested right away for m/c, considering everything that you went through.

If you are still unsure, you could always try another hpt and see what results that gives you. Might be easier to understand if you can see the results that way.

:hugs:

big hugs to you x well my period disappeared for a while due to coming off the pill. but because of that I read all sorts of stories from women who the urine test does not work for and only found out from blood test, and there was another lady who had negative results and went for a scan and she was pregnant. I guess we are all different and it is possible for you to have a period and be pregnant as hormones still changing. if you can try and ask for a scan. I read a story, dont know where you live but woman in uk who was told. if miscarried and she demanded second scan, turned out baby was fine. I dont want to get your hopes up but maybe do another test or ask for scan? good luck x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->