Advice please

luvbunsazzle

Mummy to Rosie
Reaction score
How do you all cope? How do you cope if it's just you and the baby, doing daily things like having a shower? What do you do if the baby cries and cries and you need 5 mins?

Im not asking to judge you in anyway, im asking for advice.

For those of you who were with someone when had the baby, and split up then, how do you cope with the change? How did you adjust? And did it confuse the child?

I make sure Kyles fed, changed doesn't physically need anything, and when he was younger i'd put him in his cot with his mobile, or some toys, now I put him in his travel cot with toys and go have my 5-10 minutes, or have a shower. I split up with my partner when kyle was 7-8 months and it was when I was going for a shower I thought 'whoops' :lol:

But you get used to it, so long as the baby is safe and secure and you have monitors then you can relax :) x

i no im not a single mum, but my mum was once sweetie and i can honestly say, for us, her leaving him was the best thing for me, and as for coping, you will cos you're an amazing mummy to rosie. james works super long days so i too put maddi in her travel cot/play pen with loads of toys whilst i shower

:hugs: x x x

You'll cope hun, you find ways, my single friends have coped brilliantly. I know I'm not single but trust me my OH works that much I am on my own most of the time so can feel single sometimes! x

I admire any single parent. I admire how they cope
I just dont know if i have that strength to cope.

If its the right thing for you and your girl, you'll find strength. Its not as difficult in the actual taking care of them as it is mentally.

:hugs: I'm sad that you're asking this in here

You just do cope. When I was with Jas he did very little to help with Grace anyway so used to it really. It is hard sometimes, for example this morning I went into the bathroom to wash my hair and so I stuck Grace in her cot next door and put all her toys in. And she whinged and cried the entire time but I ignored her and when I went back in to see her she was all smiles! But you do get used to it :hugs:

you just seem to cope i have been on my own from 12 weeks pregnant and find being on my own easy if i need a shower i have one before she wakes up in the morning and same for the 5 mins to myself i have those while she is asleep too.

I'm not sure i could cope having a man around at the same time cause most men are like big kids anyway so then i would have to look after 2 people plus myself lol now i would find that hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->