Advice please .....

AnnNI

Reaction score
Hello everyone
I'm 29! Mum to 2 1/2 year old which I know I am very lucky to have but I would really love another sibling! Anyways I had mc last July at 5w 3d and got positive preg test at end of January! I went last Thursday for early scan due to mc lady July n I didn't even take oh with me coz I just thought all would be fine! Tech tried external us but couldn't see much n said Putin due to my fat stomach! This upset me a little! I'm about 185 pounds! So u had to have internal scan. I should have been measuring 8w 4 days at scan but was only measuring 7w 1 d and heart rate "wasn't as strong as she would have liked". I have taken some time off work n trying to rest! I had tiny bit of brown at about 6w 5d but nothing since that! Feel like my symptoms r disappearing n finding it very hard to do day to day tasks that I would do in seconds usually! Any advice please xxxxx

Ok first off :hugs: Don't listen to the stupid woman, when they are not good enough technicians to get a clear pic they always blame the patient, I have heard all sorts of nonsense from other women over the years. I was told my womb tils too far back and they could not get a clear pic, so had to do an internal :wacko:.

I would go back if I were you and demand another scan, that is all the real advice I can give you.

Ps during my last pregnancy I had a massive bleed, had my dates changed, then changed back again, and my 4 year old is here, happy and healthy xxx

Should have said .... I have to go back on Monday for 2nd scan and I'll def b taking my oh with me this time! She did say as I was going out the door... I'll c u in 10days if u don't miscarry before that! Not very positive xxx thanks for ure reply

Should have said .... I have to go back on Monday for 2nd scan and I'll def b taking my oh with me this time! She did say as I was going out the door... I'll c u in 10days if u don't miscarry before that! Not very positive xxx thanks for ure reply

Well she sounds like she is in the wrong bloody job, what a stupid horrible woman, yes make sure dh goes with you, and ask for someone else if you are booked with her again, xxx

They just get so used to talking to people "clinically" that they don't even think that the person they are talking to is a living, breathing person who loves that little tiny baby already.

I have to defend the woman doing the ultrasound here. I have had lots of early scans and only in this pregnancy have they ever picked anything up on an external scan is this time, and only at 8+2. I have had a scan at this gestation before and they had to do internal. I'm not massively heavy (my bmi was 22 for my first, 23 for my second and 25 now) but you always have fat, even when slim.

Fat makes it hard to scan, she didn't say you were fat. She said you have fat. Which I'm guessing you do. Some women do have tilted uteruses etc. gas also makes it really hard to scan, as do an empty bladder, a full bowel, and various other factors.

I would probably complain. Even if the tech knew that being fat was the only reason they didn't have to say it! Obviously any woman would be offended by that. And the comment made as you were leaving was totally insensitive.

I'm also 185lbs and it didn't stop me from having an abdominal u/s. I asked my tech about the whole abdominal vs trans vaginal thing he said sometimes with the higher risk pregnancies they do a trans-vaginal no matter what.

I measured smaller because I ovulate late in my cycle and they calculate your pregnancy based on a 15th cycle day ovulation. You could have just ovulated/implanted late the cycle you conceived. My OB said he wouldn't change my DD unless it was more than a week off because they give a week margin of error on to the technicians performing the scan.

Hopefully your next u/s gives you some answers. So sorry you had a bad experience!

The tech sounds awful with no bedside manner :( Sorry you had to go through that. Say if you ovulated late and implanted late dates would be fine. Did she say how fast the heart rate was?
I hope it is a different sonographer on Monday. Good luck for the next scan too :flower: xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->