Advice please!

Mrs-C

Mummy to 1 DD & 2 dogs
Reaction score
I had planned to have my baby in hospital. However, we are now moving to a place where my reasons for not having baby at home no longer apply.

This week we had an appointment at the hospital I am supposed to be delivering in. Aside from the unfriendly reception we received from the midwives, we were left waiting for 45 mins only to find the person handling our appointment had gone home without seeing us!

The whole thing was so badly organised and the staff showed such a lack of communication and general welcome that I am really put off going there. I know it was only this one visit, but it has made me anxious of how things would be when we went there in labour.

I'm now considering having the baby at home. My reasons, other than the above, are that I really hate the idea of staying in hospital and DH being separated from us if we are there overnight. I also want a water birth and there are only two pools at the hospital, so I am aware there is a real chance I wouldn't have that. I also want to only use gas & air and the water for pain relief.

So, I'm thinking that at home I would be more relaxed, I would have the birthing pool there and there is more chance my nice midwife would be there!

Can anyone offer me any advice? :flower:

You sound like a home birth would suit you perfectly! My only advice would be to go for it! x

Yep, perfect home birth material!! Your reasons are exactly the same as mine were. This section of the website wasn't here when I made my decision to home birth and I would have loved to have had all the information to look at. My advice, is just come on here and read as many of the threads as you can. Home birthing is all in the preparation. xx

The water birth thing really got me thinking about a homebirth. I was getting so stressed out about the ones on the ward not being available on the day! Once DH and I did some research and realized how easy it was to have a water birth at home we dove straight in (no pun intended)

Welcome to this side of the board Mrs-C, once you go home you never go back! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->