Advice please :-)

Cathington

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if any of this is normal for those of your around your due dates (or who've had children before and remember these...)

I -think- i lost my plug weeks ago (at least, there was a jelly/mucous like discharge in my underwear that eventually stopped appearing). Now i just get a thick white discharge (and even that has stopped appearing today!)

I used to get lots of period like pains that would (literally) make me throw up, LO still moves a lot and i get a lot of cervical twinges (a LOT of them...) and i get bouts of nausea and stomach cramps, but they never lead to anything :-(

I get achey hips a lot, lots of rectal pressure though these last few days i've suddenly been able to go to the toilet easier. Now i'm feeling all twitchy, and i feel like i need to wee (but i don't...) and LO hasn't moved much for the past hour or so (except to kick out now and then randomly).

What's going on with me?! :cry: It feels like whenever something *could* be a sign it suddenly stops or it's over! I'm a day overdue now and i'm getting restless seeing all these signs that then just stop :( I'm booked in for my sweep next Tuesday, so maybe that will help move things along if nothing happens in the meantime :(

Anyone had any of these signs (that's then stopped) or anyone remember going through this? I feel like i'm a failure here at spotting signs haha

xx

:hugs: aww hun I'm not sure but I would guess that your body is just warming up.
I hope LO arrives soon! xxxxx

Everything you are experiencing right now is totally normal. Our bodies are getting prepared to undergo a massive change, giving birth is a big deal and yes all the twinges, aches and pains make it difficult to tell. Even when labour happens it may be a few hours before you definitely know, its hard to know for sure. Even for me this is my 2nd time around so you think I would no more however I have been having BH really bad for weeks and weeks and sometimes I think 2-3 times per week maybe I am in labour then obviously I am not.

It takes awhile to know for sure, thats the hard part.

I'm just wondering if any of this is normal for those of your around your due dates (or who've had children before and remember these...)

I -think- i lost my plug weeks ago (at least, there was a jelly/mucous like discharge in my underwear that eventually stopped appearing). Now i just get a thick white discharge (and even that has stopped appearing today!)

I used to get lots of period like pains that would (literally) make me throw up, LO still moves a lot and i get a lot of cervical twinges (a LOT of them...) and i get bouts of nausea and stomach cramps, but they never lead to anything :-(

I get achey hips a lot, lots of rectal pressure though these last few days i've suddenly been able to go to the toilet easier. Now i'm feeling all twitchy, and i feel like i need to wee (but i don't...) and LO hasn't moved much for the past hour or so (except to kick out now and then randomly).

What's going on with me?! :cry: It feels like whenever something *could* be a sign it suddenly stops or it's over! I'm a day overdue now and i'm getting restless seeing all these signs that then just stop :( I'm booked in for my sweep next Tuesday, so maybe that will help move things along if nothing happens in the meantime :(

Anyone had any of these signs (that's then stopped) or anyone remember going through this? I feel like i'm a failure here at spotting signs haha

xx

Hopefully it means bubs is on his/her way, but with my first I was like this for 10 days after losing my plug and was eventually induced due to other complications, but with my second i lost my plug and the following afternoon went into labour and had her that evening, will keep my fingers crossed that you go into labour soon xx

I'm right there with you honey, I'm barely hanging in there!!! I was sooo sure this baby would be early and didn't think I would make it to February at all(my due date from date of ovulation is Feb 7th). Now monday is the last day of the month and I'm feeling so upset and disappointed. I've had contractions, tons of cramping and pains. My little girl is head down and dropped which generally 2nd or subsequent babies don't do until closer to birth. every sign I have that makes me think it will be soon turns out to be misleading. I have been passing pieces of what I'm sure is my plug for weeks now, I can feel her head with my finger when I check my cervix so she is extremely low. & monday I was 3cm 30% effaced which I was thrilled about, OB did a sweep and nothing happened:nope:

It's all very aggravating. She's also been moving less, actually just got back from L&D at hospital to do a non-stress test as the last few days with such little movement I got worried. Baby is fine and they did another sweep. They said I was still only 3cm & 30% though which I was sure after all the pains this week I would be further :cry: It's all driving me nuts!!! Hopefully soon we will both go into labor and wont have to be searching for the signs anymore that something is starting to happen. :hugs:

Aghh i hate playing the waiting game! I'm too impatient :p But i'm happy to know my bodies getting ready at least... hopefully he might make an appearance soon!

TattooedMama - :hugs: it sucks don't it! All these signs and nothing seems to come :'( driving me mad too! Really wanted to be a January mummy, but looks like my LO is going to be a February baby!

Made it too comfy in there, clearly! xx

at least u know for sure ur baby will be here either way within about a fortnight. its not long away at all now :)

The only thing i can suggest is that the minute you feel something is keep moving, walking etc. Let gravity do some work.

If you weren't so far along I would say it also could be signs of a UTI... however it is likely your body gearing up. For some they don't get any of this until they are in early labor and for others they get signs for weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"