• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Advice please....

Tinkerbell198

Reaction score
Hi All,

Im new to this so probably sound overly worried!!

I had a MC in January and by working out dates should be 6w+2 today.
I am just really worried that the clear blue prenancy test hasnt changed (silly i know) last week it showed 2-3 weeks and is showing the same today??

Is this normal?? Im just worried that the same thing as Jan could happen :nope:

All i have currently is minor cramps coming and going and really tender breasts. I know its early for most things but would just like your opinion... dont want to worry myself too much as everything else seems normal.

Thanks

Congrats on your pregnancy! I don't put a lot of faith in those tests that show numbers; the best thing is to go for your doctor and ask for hcg tests. You'll go in for a blood draw, and then again in another 48-72 hours to make sure your levels are rising at the correct rate. It's the only way to tell how baby is truly progressing.

Thanks Robin, I have been so worried. I have been told cant see midwife until 23rd of this month as shes so booked up! unfortunately im away on that date so they have arranged for her to call me thurs but they havent mentioned going in for blood tests.. normally takes 2 weeks to get an appointment for anything at my doctors though!

I was debating going to the OOH doctor but not sure i should be bothering them!

Agreed - stop doing the tests! They'll drive you crazy!

Have you been to see the doctor? They probably won't do a blood test if you've had a positive test (we're not as lucky as the US ladies!), but when you go to see the midwife for your booking in appt, she'll take blood then.

Agreed - stop doing the tests! They'll drive you crazy!

Have you been to see the doctor? They probably won't do a blood test if you've had a positive test (we're not as lucky as the US ladies!), but when you go to see the midwife for your booking in appt, she'll take blood then.

Hiya, no not been doc (cant get in for trying) so they just tried to book straight in with midwife.
Dont think i would be this nervous if it wasnt for earlier but i have none of the symptoms just over worrying!!

The boyfriend keeps trying to reassure me but obviously dosent always help!

Thanks for the advice ladies.. i think i need to just have a rest and try calm myself down:blush:

I know it's easy for me to say, but just try not to worry and enjoy it before the morning sickness kicks in!

Your midwife might be able to get you in a bit sooner when she rings - the doctor doesn't really do anything other than refer you to a midwife.

It's amazing isn't it? No-one in the medical profession seems to be bothered in the slightest when you tell them you're pregnant! I was gobsmacked when the doctors receptionist asked why on earth I wanted to see a doctor!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"