• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Advice pls: light period mean thin lining?

angelmum31

Reaction score
Can anyone help me please? Since I had a mmc early this year my periods have practically been non-existent! I bleed for one day and then spot for another 2-3 (no protection needed after day 1).

I have just had a negative pregnancy test for my second cycle of clomid and don't want to waste these tablets!

Does anyone have any advice on how I can thicken my lining and actually have a proper period? I have low fertility reserve to time is ticking on :(

Thanks everyone xx

Yes a light period is a sign your lining is thin , estrogen builds the lining in the follicular phase, and clomid can also cause a thin lining, its a good idea to increase the uterine lining because if its too thin the embryo wont be able to implant leading to a chemical pregnancy or very early miscarriage.
Raspberry leaf tea or capsules increases uterine lining, also peppermint tea helps increase the lining.

I'm having same issue, if you are prescribed clomid they should give you estrogen too as it has a knock on effect of thinning the lining, I'm having same issues.

They like it to be between 6/8 mm at ovulation, mine was only 2.5 at cd31 :( I have been drinking pomegranate juice my last scan showed and increase to 5.9 pre ovulation so its done something also had a procedure known as a womb scuff, my consultant throws in the odd dose of estrogen too to help things on but she doesn't want to do too much of that cos my levels are fine just that since mc my overies and womb don't seem to be communicating!

Thanks ladies, I have drunk pomegranate juice and currently on third month of acupuncture but nothing seems to be helping :(

I will speak to the doc about prescribing estrogen, but had to go through a formal complaint procedure for them to help me at all (having spent hundreds and hundreds on private treatment) so doubtful that they will help me :(

My acupuncturist told me not to have rlt with clomid? Apparently it works against the clomid? Have you been told otherwise then?

This ttc situation is awful :( Been trying for nearly 2 years now and only have 4 months worth of clomid left :(

My mate does acupuncture he was treating me but once we found out the issue he said it wouldn't help that xxx fingers xd it helps you he also told me not have it done last week of two cos can do more harm than good if pregnant :shrug:

Yeah horrid were at 18ths in total gut wrenching every cycle

I see you have a daughter too! I already have a dd so NHS are reluctant to help me much. Who tested the thickness of your lining? I haven't had that offered to me by the NHS or by my private clinic? May be worth looking into? Our daughters are about the same age!

My acupuncturist said it was great for helping blood flow to the uterus? It may be that she just wants the money but I am forever hopeful that these small things may help.

Every month I think to myself that I will stop obsessing and stop temping/opk's but I always get drawn back into the same routine and then disappoint hits

Thanks ladies, I have drunk pomegranate juice and currently on third month of acupuncture but nothing seems to be helping :(

I will speak to the doc about prescribing estrogen, but had to go through a formal complaint procedure for them to help me at all (having spent hundreds and hundreds on private treatment) so doubtful that they will help me :(

My acupuncturist told me not to have rlt with clomid? Apparently it works against the clomid? Have you been told otherwise then?

This ttc situation is awful :( Been trying for nearly 2 years now and only have 4 months worth of clomid left :(

Raspberry leaf tea raises estrogen as does all herbs/supplements that help increase the uterine lining so your acupuncturist is right anything that raises estrogen will lower the effectiveness of clomid , what I did was take raspberry leaf tea from the 5th clomid day till ovulation that way its not completely canceling out the clomid since its not being taken on clomid days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"