Advice pls!!

mamuska

Reaction score
I checked my maternity notes and it says that the baby's position is 4/5 cephalic. What does that mean?? Does it mean it's nearly engaged?? I have 4 weeks left... Does the baby normally stay in that position or can it engage and pop back out?? Pls let me know... I forgot to ask my midwife and I won't see her for another week! And I'm dying to know what's going on:)

Yes, you're 4/5 engaged. So good progress being made. It can all change briefly though if it's your 1st, but I'm sure baby us getting ready for birth now. Cephalic means head down and that your good to go lol! Xxx

Oh great:):) thank you!! That sounds promissing:) but then I read all these posts of how hard everyone works to keep the labor going and it makes me loose hope in having my bub a little early...:( If it goes 5/5 does it mean you'll go into labor very soon or is it common to go on for weeks fully engaged??

Hi, I don't know what it means but in the notes somewhere there should be a list explaining those sort of terms

There is no explanations:( the notes are for the doctors and midwives so I'm not ment to be completely filled in!! I can't help and read through it all all the time!!:) it's the first time they put a number in the table though... It says 4/5 cephalic, normally they just say cephalic that's why I got all excited as I'm hoping I'm getting ready for the big day!!:)

Yay:):) thank you guys for taking your time to post a reply!!:) made my day! :D hopefully not long now!!

1/5 is fully engaged 5/5 is just startin hun x

The less the number the more you are engaged, first babies tend to get into position a lot earlier than second babies and it's very rare they will pop back out x

I'm glad you posted this!
My midwife told me I'm 2/5ths engaged so now im really happy because I thought 5/5ths was fully engaged lol.

Oh jeepers at my last midwife about she wrote 3/5 cephalic and that was at 28 weeks! But at my 26 week app she wrote 2/5. But she didn't seem concerned guess this doesn't mean baby will come early? I'm so confused

Oh what?? Awww:(:( I got excited!! I thought it was engaged!! :( Ive been in bed for over a week coz had a terrible flu:( in gonna get moving again!!! Shopping, cleaning and exercise ball here I come!! Lol. Your gotta engage soon baby!! You need to listen to mummy coz she has had enough!! Ha ha

Oh jeepers at my last midwife about she wrote 3/5 cephalic and that was at 28 weeks! But at my 26 week app she wrote 2/5. But she didn't seem concerned guess this doesn't mean baby will come early? I'm so confused

If the midwife wasn't concerned, then hopefully there is nothing to be worried about:) apparently they can still pop in and out as they please... Especially if you still have 12 weeks to go!! :D good luck!!:thumbup:

Oh and thank you all for clarifying the facts!! Even though it's not the news I wanted, at least now I know how to read the notes:)

Sorry for confusion caused from me! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->