• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Advice re. Disney Paris holiday

starlight123

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My mum has just announced that she wants to take my sister, my nephews, niece and I on a Disney Paris break in July. Of course I will be TTC in April and nobody knows. Presuming it goes to plan, I would be 3 months pg on the trip.

So a first trimester pg trip to Disney in July, I'm thinking heat, queues, crowds, a lot of get up and go, not being able to go on the best rides!!

Is it worth telling my mum our TTC plans so we can reconsider, I wanted it to be a surprise announcement when I do actually fall pg.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Will you tell your mum as soon as you fall pg? It would still be ok if you were pregnant at disney there is plenty to take in, how long are you going for? Paris had 2 parks so it's not too much getting about, it will be very busy but you can always have more breaks!

Yes, I'll tell as soon as I'm pg. I'm just a bit disappointed about the rides, as I looove the fast ones!

I'm fit now and can walk and walk and keep going all day but obviously I don't know how I'll be feeling when pg so it's a tricky one. I'd want to go and make the most out of things but supposing all goes well the only thing I'd be missing would be the jerky rides...

Something to consider, I don't think you can fly when you're in first tri?

Broody85 - really!? Oh my gosh, things are getting more complicated, looking like I'm headed for a pre-TTC announcement to my family... things can never go to plan!

Thanks for advice ladies.

you can fly in first trimester
https://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/927.aspx?CategoryID=54#close

I was 11 weeks pregnant when I went on a family holiday to France that had been planned for ages. There were a few things that I found tough, but all were manageable, such as:
- not being able to enjoy some of my favourite French foods (goats cheese, rare steaks)
- morning sickness meant that I was pretty fussy about what I wanted to eat so sometimes made it difficult to pick things in restaurants.
- the heat didn't make me feel particularly worse, but I was just conscious that I didn't want to overheat, so tried to stay in the shade quite a bit, and took water with me everywhere.
We didn't go to Disney but I understand your concerns about rides. However, I went when I was younger and I think there'd still be plenty that you could enjoy there.

I wouldn't say anything (personally). What if you're not pg (I mean, I hope you are but sometimes things don't go according to plan...). Then you've got the family asking every month how it's going, if you're pg yet etc. I've just come back from Disney and it's a LOT of walking but at three months you are pretty much doing exactly what you were doing before apart from the few foods you can't eat. My gyn even said I could ride a 100km bike race when I was in my first trimester (of course I was fit as we'd been training for months before). The only thing that may ruin it is if you have morning sickness, which is so debilitating! But you won't know that until you get there so keep your surprise and enjoy Disney (so jealous!!) Good luck TTC!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"