advice reaction to hair dye

Tantan

Nathan, Brandon & Bump
Reaction score
Hi,

I dyed my hair yesterday and all last night and today its been so itchy. I've also noticed that there is a lump on the back of my head.

Will it be ok or show I call the ER ?

Thanks

Tanya

I dont mean to worry you, but you could be having a severe allergic reaction.
it usually starts off with itching, then bumps, then swelling, and can be quite serious (difficulty breathing, etc)
if i was in your situation, i would go to the ER, just to be on the safe side.

i hope you recover soon :flower:

Try rinsing your hair with loads of water make sure every single bit of dye debris is out of it.. Then leave it to dry naturally or dry with a cool setting on your hairdryer and if its still really really iching and the lump is getting bigger/more ichy/sore then definatly seek help from a doctor because they can give you anti-biotics and I spose the earlier they do the better good luck hope it turns out ok xx

I dont mean to worry you, but you could be having a severe allergic reaction.
it usually starts off with itching, then bumps, then swelling, and can be quite serious (difficulty breathing, etc)
if i was in your situation, i would go to the ER, just to be on the safe side.

i hope you recover soon :flower:

I second this opinion !!!!!

Yeah when I read it back I thought maybe there isnt actually time to rinse the hair incase it flares up super quickly xx

Hey Hun.
What happened?
Hope you're ok?

if you were going to have a severe reaction, you'd already be in big trouble if you did it yesterday.

I'd just wait it out and see how you are, if it gets worse go to the doctors and ask for some antihistamines.

(antibiotics treat infections so idk how that would do any good)

Isn't your skin extra sensitive during pregnancy? Definitely go to ER within 24 hours in case it's a severe reaction. Better safe than sorry xxx

Hi,

i rang the ER and they told me that it would be ok and that it wouldn't hurt the baby. The swelling went down after 2 days. Needless to say i won't be dying my hair again until I've done a skin test. I should of realising that my skin would be more senitive now.

thanks for all your answers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->