• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Advice? SO tired!

Fallacy

Soon to be mum of 2!
Reaction score
So Micah is finally 10 months! :happydance:

I'm dying from being so tired. He goes to bed anywhere from 7 - 7:30 or 8, and he wakes up at 6. But lately, he's been waking up at 5 ish, and since he wakes twice a night (12 am and 4 am), I'm exhausted! I'm finding myself in a bad mood most of the day because I'm half asleep. And what makes it worse is I can't even nap when he does because he takes 30 min naps, always has, and even when dead tired I have trouble falling asleep! Sometimes at night, even after being up for so long, I can take over an hour. :nope:

I won't lie, I'm more than a little nervous for the new little one to arrive. If Micah is still not STTN, which I don't know if he will or not, how do you handle not getting any sleep with 2 under 2? DH doesn't help because he works 12 hr shifts 5 days a week and says he needs his rest. :haha:

Anyway, just curious if there is any way to make the exhaustion a little better.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 2
Oh my. Sedatives? Joking!!!! You poor thing. When my lo was about that age she would sleep for a few hours if I put her in bed with me. I know not everyone's thing but it made her sleep longer for naps..

Aww, it will get better. I would have the 30 min power nap, lol. It's surprising what a difference it can make. Nap whenever you can :thumbup:

My son was like this he started sttn around 15 months seems to have been consistent thankfully since then! He's 18 months now although last night I was seeing to him as he fell out of bed lol and then woke crying later in the night for some reason perhaps teething or a bad dream. I'm at work today and shattered and my 3.5 year old was a little terror to top it off. totally feel your pain!

Hubby let me have an hour nap today and it did wonders! :happydance: On his day off too, bless him. And putting Micah in bed with me USED to work, and his 30 min naps would go up to 2 hrs! but...now he's such a little ball of energy ever since he learned to cruise/stand/crawl that he doesn't want to lay in bed anymore. He just starts trying to crawl. :haha:

I just posted about the exact same thing a few days ago. My bf works 12+ hour shifts 5 days a week too. But I have a 4 month old @_@ since he is teething he takes crazy short naps and I can't just randomly sleep during the day. Try to just lie down when he takes a nap- even if you can't sleep. Say eff it to house work. Beg your hubby to maybe get up once and a while for you at night? Mine is amazing and he takes Braedyn at night/early morning even when he has to be up at 5am (and he is 37 haha) Yea, they work hard, but so do we!! Especially having a LO with another cooking. We get just as tired as them if not more. Sleep in on the days he is home and take lots of naps then!! The best thing that can help you right now is extra sleep, and to have that, you gotta get some extra help!! I also find that tiny little sugary snacks sometimes help boost energy!! Get some dried fruit and nibble on it (if your little bean allows it ;P)

By the way- I love your little ones name :) it's always been a favorite of mine :p

Hey, my lo is 11months and I am SO SO tired with this first trimester.

My honest advice would be to do sleep training and get him sleeping through the night. We did at 7/8 months with lo and, honestly, it was awful and took a long time. But getting up in the night was not working for me anymore. So now, at 11 months, I put her in bed, fully awake, at 630/7pm and she falls asleep - usually without crying. It took us nearly 3 months to get to no crying (those people who say it takes 3 nights are lying) but now she sleeps through from 7-6am.

I am going to bed at 9pm because I'm so tired. I always had a hard time falling asleep too, but I have started taking a first generation anti-histamine (which is safe for nursing and pregnancy) and it is drowsy so it actually helps me fall asleep. I feel kind of bad, needing to take something - but otherwise I would not be getting enough rest and I NEED so much right now with this little peanut!

Also, I never used to be able to nap during the day. But now if I have a rough night (morning sickness) I can usually nap when DD does at 830 or 9am for an hour.

I hope you get some rest!

Thanks ladies. :flower: Would you believe today was one of the rare days Micah took an hour and a half nap?! I went to lay down right as he fell asleep and I actually woke up before him after about an hour. I felt completely better. He just fell asleep now at 7:30 and I'm already planning on another early night. 9:30 or so. I felt better after getting more sleep today.

And so do you think Micah doesn't need a bottle at night anymore? He generally drinks it all so I figured he needed it. :shrug:

Also thanks for the compliment on his name! :cloud9: I love it so I'm a bit worried about baby number 2 if it is a boy!

Do you wake him up for a bottle at night or does he cry for it?? My bubba doesn't take one at night and he just turned 4 months. But then again, he loves his sleep :p

I feel the same way about my sons name. Hope it's a girl so I can buy some pink things too ^_^

I didn't bother breaking from the bottle until he was a little over a year old--around 13/14 months. I figured it wouldn't hurt him, and it didn't! Waiting a little longer made it easier to transition to a sippy. He is still attached to milk before bed, though! Not sure how I'm going to break that...

I'd love to be able to buy pink things! I always look at the greater selection for girl clothes and get a little jealous even now.

He wakes and cries for the bottle. Won't resettle without it. I'd never dream of waking him for any reason but a dirty diaper! :haha:

From the research I did when planning on sleep training, everything said that babies are ready to sleep through - without any milk from about 4-5 months! I found that a bit surprising and DD had milk in the night until about 7/8 months. As long as they are getting all their calories in during the day they will be fine (once they are used to it!)
But honestly, once I decided we were going to stop and once she got used to it, I realized that she didn't actually need it. She was waking out of habit/natural sleep cycle and didn't know how to fall asleep on her own without milk.

We went through a rough patch around 9/10 months where she got sick (we all got sick actually) and we were traveling, so she wasn't eating as much solids and I was nursing more and had to start nursing at night again - because she wasn't eating enough during the day due to illness. That went on for nearly one month, and once we were all better I just had enough one night and I said "I don't want to nurse at night anymore" so DH went and slept with her to sooth her, but since that last night she hasn't woken up anymore!

But again, it's what you are comfortable with and where you are at. For us, and for our relationship we needed to make a change because we needed more sleep! But for others waking up to nurse isn't that big a deal :flow:

Funny thing is, DD NEVER sleep past 6 am... and here I am, awake because of the little baby since 4am and DD isn't making a peep!

Think I should go back to bed! :haha:

Hmmm, just noticed floatingbaby's comment about the sleep training and that 'those people who say it takes 3 nights are lying'. Well, for us it took less than a week - sorry! But my daughter is not a long sleeper and has only ever slept for nine hours at a stretch so I had to get up at 5am until she was nearly two. Ho ho, that was fun with full time work!

It's not so much that I mind waking up at night, but I do wish he would sleep through, or at least only wake a few times. Where it used to be only once or twice, he's now up every 2 hrs again and it's horrible. I'm wondering if he just can't fall asleep without the milk, and if that's the case, I don't know what to do. DH won't let me sleep train even if I wanted since he can't sleep through the crying and gets massively annoyed. We've also been harassed by the neighbors for it - they pound on Micah's wall telling him to shut up and the like, or they come to our front door complaining. :cry: So we stopped trying to sleep train awhile ago due to these things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"