advice - trying for a baby

lillysmam

Reaction score
I'm new to this site. I have a daughter aged 3. Haven't been on the pill since then.
We have recently started to try for another but I'm just looking for some advice on timing etc.
My last period started 24/25th Dec. We did have sex on 2nd Jan morning and afternoon. I did experience camps on 3rd Jan which seem to be my usual ovulation pain. I've never tried tests so not sure how accurate they are.
I tried one on sat and the line was quite thick, the past 2 days it has been faint.
Does this mean I was ovulating at the time we had sex? Or is that rather early given that it was only day 8/9 of my cycle. Not sure if it makey much differencephalitis but my period only lasts 3 days too.

The tests are pretty accurate in the sense that they detect the LH surge but that typically occurs 24-48 hours before actual ovulation. So the cramps you got were probably the egg being released....that's when you should be DTD.

Though tbh regular DTD before and after ovulation is best......sperm hangs around for up to 5 days and egg only 24 hours!.

They advise DTD every other day up until ovulation - then every day whilst positive ovulation sticks then leave it one day, then DTD again.....my first month of TTC No2 so not sure that works yet ha ha

So if the 1st day of my last period was 24/25th Dec and we dtd on 3rd and 4th Jan would this be likely to result in falling pregnant? Think it's about 9/10 days into.my cycle but if it stays present for a number of days??
I do get a pain around the same time each month. I was also extremely moody, short tempered and chewed on sat, for no reason what so ever. Is a change in mood a symptom of ovulating?

I think it depends how long your cycle is. If you keep track of your cycle and use OPKs you can try to pinpoint your ovulation date. Or, many members on the forum use FertilityFriend.com and take their temperature every day to chart--it helps you to pinpoint your ovulation date.

Tbh I've never tested my ovulation time before. My daughter happened by chance we weren't trying.
But I'm just wondering what the chances are of getting pregnant if we dtd on day 9 of my cycle and up to now ( day 13) the test hasn't shown positive for ovulation. This is day 3 of testing. Does this mean I could have ovulate before day 10?? Is there a rough day that you should have ovulate by?

Maybe I should just wait and see at the end of the month and hope it's worked x

Sorry I didn't reply.....any news to share?
It's very comment to not have positive opk day 13...I typically get them day 14/15

if you want to be very sure and get it done quick, chat charting the BBT it will help

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"