advice urgently needed

louise1302

mum to FIVE boys :)
Reaction score
archie has always been difficult to feed, he refused to bf and has always been fussy with the bottle...he was on aptimil but changed him to c+g due to wind

last week he had antibiotics for a throat infection and 2 days ago started being very fussy at bottle time...he will sometimes take 3oz just fine then start screaming and going rigid...sometimes her will take only 1 then cry...hes def hungry because he attacks the bottle but as soon as the milk goes in his mouth and he swallows hes screaming

i thought it might be thrush due to the antibiotics hes had so have been using nystatin drops but hes sucking his dummy just fine.its just when he swallows his milk as i say though sometimes he will ta,ke 3oz fine before he starts, hes not vomiting or have the runs and his stomach doesnt seem to be hurting

i demand feed him so am not force feeding him todays hes only had 12oz all day compared to his usual 30-36oz

can anyone suggest anything as im at my wits end i phoned the emergency gp who wont come as he doesnt seem dehydrated., my gp isnt open til tues ive spent most of today crying along witnh him:cry::cry:

He won't dehydrate if he is drinking some, don't worry about that right now. Maybe his throat hurts? Have you tried maybe just some cold/cool water? Just to try and soothe it some? If he isn't feeling better tomorrow I would probably take him in to be sure that the infection is cleared up and that everything is ok

:hug:
Sorry hon no advice - haven't really experienced Danny refusing to eat to that degree. Just a little when I was switching to all formula.

:hugs: xxx

Didn't want to read & run, hope you get it sorted. Don't forget you can always ring NHS direct for advice. Think I'd be tempted to try Calpol but would probably ring NHS direct for reassurance I was doing the right thing.

x

I could have written exactly the same post as this week has been the same for me with my daughter. She has reflux but has also been diagnosed with being lactose intolerent. Her symptoms were exactly the same during feeding, she would want the food but as soon as she had the bottle would take a couple of ozs then scream and not take any more. She also goes rigid. Some other symptoms she has is constipation followed by bouts of diarrhoea, trouble passing wind and echzma on her face. She also gets very upset during the day. I don't know if it could be the same for your LO?

Apparantly it can appear after having an infection, which you have mentioned. This was the case with my brother when he was a baby as he developed it after being ill.

I know what you mean, I have spent all week crying with her. I hope things improve soon for you :hug:

thanks for that hay23 ive been wondering for a while if hes lactose intolerant as he does have all the symptoms and i never went through any of this with my other 3
im going to try him on soy milk for a week to see how he goes therefore am eliminating the lactose and milk protein if he doesnt improve am going to take him to the gp to try and get some answers
this one was definitely sent to try me xx

I don't know if this helps or not but my best friend has loads of food allergies. The way she would know as a kid if she developed a new one is that her body just wouldn't let her eat it. For example, she would try eating eggs and after a bite or two she would feel very full and like she just couldn't eat anymore food.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->