Advice wanted ( not really preg related )

Dizzy_angel

Button is due 23rd sept
Reaction score
I feel like crying right now... my other half has given me his cold, couldnt of come at the worst possble time, with baby due in less than 3 weeks now.. does anyone have some good tips to get better quicker, as i cant take any over the counter medicines only paracetimol and water ! ... i am seriously like a bear with a sore head when im ill !
Thank in advance !!!:wacko:

Garlic! Cayenne peppers are good, too but I'm not sure if you want to try that with the rumors of peppers triggering labour (old wives' tale, if you ask me but you never know). But garlic is safe and can do a lot to help a cold along.

And lots and lots and lots of water. It'll help flush your system.

My older sister is due to give birth in 2 weeks and she has exactly the same problem as you honey!
She suggests lots of hot water and lemon, also rest as much as possible, it seems to be working for her xxx

I usually just stay in bed and try and have warm baths... hope your better soon...x

Orange Juice, water with lemon, Paracetamol, plenty of rest and recuperation.

Basically, keep up the fluids, keep down the temperature and rest as much as possible.

'Feed a cold, starve a Fever' also works, so try to eat small meals regularly to let your body fight it off!

Hope you get better soon xx

Awww that sux. As the other girls said drink loads of water. I find hot blackcurrant juice really comforting and it helps soothe your throat and clear your chest a bit.

As for the timing............ yeah it sux now but it is better that you have had it and out of the way before your LO is born. There is a silver lining here hun, this is one cold which you are going to pass by when you have your gorgeous little bundle to look after. :hugs: Hope you feel better soon. :hugs:

Aww thanks girls, i will try all of your suggestions, i just feel rotten !!!

Awww you're in the same position as me, I feel so poorly... all you can keep doing is drink plenty and try to rest - although sleeping seems to be impossible!!! With a blocked up nose and everything :( I'm sitting at home feeling sorry for myself - but like the other girls have said - I'm so pleased it's come now and not 1-2 weeks later. Take care hun, I completely sympathise with you xxx

Hey sweetie sorry you are sick right now that must be hard, hugs. I would suggest warm showers because the vapor will help clear up your nose/chest while your "in" the shower, and put some vapor rub on after, comfy pjs, eat some chicken noodle soup and cuddle into bed.

Also make sure you wash your hands a lot and don't touch your face and change your pillow case frequent while your sick and if possible your sheets cuz you can spread the germs back to you and get re sick.

Sending you heathly bubbles!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"