Advice, your thoughts

Canadianmom4

Mom to 5 beautiful kids!!
Reaction score
So, this is our first month actively trying to conceive. We had an unexpected pregnancy that sadly ended in miscarriage in May at 10 weeks 3 days. I've been doing a lot of reading and I wanted to try and conceive naturally without having to temp or use opk's and just listening to my body. I'm pretty sure I ovulated on CD 14, so we BD'd the three days leading up to CD 14 and the day after. 2 of those times, my husband used a intimate lubricant without thinking and now I am reading that lubricants kill sperm. I was so hopeful up until I read this. I mean, we now know for next time and I found a place to buy pre-seed, but this is all new to me. I'm wondering if there is still a chance for us considering the lubricant was used. Any advice or reassurance would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Sorry for your loss, hoping you get your rainbow baby soon.

I think it depends on the type of lubricant you used. Some will kill all sperm, some are not so bad as long as you don't use too much. And there are some which are specifically designed to aid conception, like pre-seed. Your timing was great so hopefully you do still have a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->