advice??

Buttons_01

Reaction score
hello everyone :)
i am looking for people to talk to and hopefully get some advice.

I am 18 years old and have been with my boyfriend for 2 years. we have spoken about babies and have been having unprotected sex for a while now but i have not got pregnant. my cycles can be as long as 35 days and as short as 29 days. Would anyone be able to work out when i may ovulate? and should i have intercourse everyday or every other?

I do live with my mum but i have her support in whatever i do. my boyfriend also works so we do have some money coming in.

any help anyone has to offer is appreciated!

Ur cycles aren't that long hon. Have u tried using OPK's to pinpoint ovulation? If u BD every 2nd day then u will always have swimmers waiting for when u do O.

Also it's hard to say when u will O as it comes down to the length of ur LP as well. This is y I suggest u try using OPK's

if i'm honest i don't really want to use OPK's. i'm not against them but i just don't want to use them. but thanks for your help. will see what happens :)

nahhh .. i don't want to get into all that as i think it will just make me stress more. i always try to figure out when i ovulate using calenders but with my cycles being irregular its kind of hard lol.. so far i have had sex every day but i don't think that would be a good idea for the whole month. should i try every other day ??

Might just have to go with OPK's and see how it goes. will have to try and persuade the boyfriend to buy them for me lol

If your cycles are irregular I would suggest using those methods even more. You can also check your cervical mucus. And if you are like me, I get ovulation pains usually every month near my ovaries. Don't let it stress you out. Those methods could lead you to the beautiful bean you want. Lots of baby dust!!!

I agree with ToughGal on trying those methods. Failing that, go with BDing every other day. Good luck to you!

Going to get OPK's tomorrow. might only be able to get 7 tests though .. when do you reckon i start using them ?

and thank you soo much for all you help and thank you for not judging me! baby dust to everyone hoping for a little bean! :dust:

No judgements here! I was 18 when I had my first. Got pregnant a month before I turned 18. :)

What CD are you now?

Ur cycles aren't that irregular, actually its normal to have a few days difference. Not everyone has spot on 28 day cycles. I would just b BDing every 2nd day nd c wot happens if u dnt want to temp or OPK. U can buy them in bulk of the internet, it's a lot cheaper. U start using them twice a day on CD10

No judgements here! I was 18 when I had my first. Got pregnant a month before I turned 18. :)

What CD are you now?

Thank you! :) .. if i get pregnant soon then i will have turned 19 before baby is born :)

and i'm either cycle day 10 or 11. this is because on the 2nd of this month i only saw AF is i put my finger up there a little bit (sorry tmi) but woke up to blood on the 3rd. so don't know which day to class as AF started?? (if that makes sense).
what do you reckon?? and i was only able to get a pack of 7 tests. didn't wanna spend loads on them

The general rule of thumb is that your LP (time from ovulation to period) never changes. So...on that if your cycle is 35 days one month and your LP is 14 days (this is the norm although you'd only know for sure if you charted a couple of cycles) your O day would be cycle day 21. If your cycle was 29 days your O would likely be cycle day 15. As your cycles vary each month you'd only be able to pin point using OPK strips, temping your BBT or blood work each month.

Good luck! :flow:

ETA: I'd class the 3rd as your AF and the 2nd would be spotting

The general rule of thumb is that your LP (time from ovulation to period) never changes. So...on that if your cycle is 35 days one month and your LP is 14 days (this is the norm although you'd only know for sure if you charted a couple of cycles) your O day would be cycle day 21. If your cycle was 29 days your O would likely be cycle day 15. As your cycles vary each month you'd only be able to pin point using OPK strips, temping your BBT or blood work each month.

Thanks! .. When should i start using OPKs as i only have 7 tests? should i also start having sex every other day or everyday. so far i think it has been every day. (in the morning then the next day at night.)

Thanks! .. When should i start using OPKs as i only have 7 tests? should i also start having sex every other day or everyday. so far i think it has been every day. (in the morning then the next day at night.)

Hmm, maybe use 1 a day from CD 14 and then as you're getting close test 2 or 3 times a day but if you go on eBay and search OPK tests you can get packs of 30/40 tests for about £4-£5 including postage so you'd never miss the O! I'd have sex either every other night from cycle day 12 through to cycle day 22 but every day 14,15 and 16 and again 20,21 and 22 just to make sure but to be honest it sounds like you guys do it often enough to catch the egg :flow:

Hmm, maybe use 1 a day from CD 14 and then as you're getting close test 2 or 3 times a day but if you go on eBay and search OPK tests you can get packs of 30/40 tests for about £4-£5 including postage so you'd never miss the O! I'd have sex either every other night from cycle day 12 through to cycle day 22 but every day 14,15 and 16 and again 20,21 and 22 just to make sure but to be honest it sounds like you guys do it often enough to catch the egg :flow:[/QUOTE]

Can you do OPKs every other day? but if i see a positive then use one the next day as well? .. i think i will go with the idea of when to DTD! lol. hopefully we catch it. if not then will buy the bulk packs of OPKs. i will start using then on cycle day 14.

why would you need to test multiple times a day ??

Hmm, maybe use 1 a day from CD 14 and then as you're getting close test 2 or 3 times a day but if you go on eBay and search OPK tests you can get packs of 30/40 tests for about £4-£5 including postage so you'd never miss the O! I'd have sex either every other night from cycle day 12 through to cycle day 22 but every day 14,15 and 16 and again 20,21 and 22 just to make sure but to be honest it sounds like you guys do it often enough to catch the egg :flow:

Can you do OPKs every other day? but if i see a positive then use one the next day as well? .. i think i will go with the idea of when to DTD! lol. hopefully we catch it. if not then will buy the bulk packs of OPKs. i will start using then on cycle day 14.

why would you need to test multiple times a day ??[/QUOTE]

The bit in bold - when you test in the morning you might get a faint line or a near positive but if you test again say in the afternoon or that evening you may get your positive. Only testing once a day in the morning could potentially mean you miss your surge but to be honest hun the best things is just to have sex when you can around those times! Really the main advantages of knowing when you O is a) so you can truly pin point ovulation and b) so you can track your LP

:flow:

Thank you so much for your help and advice! .. Lets hope this month is the month i finally get my little bean! :)

baby dust to everyone TTC! :dust::dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"