Advice?

Kiki1993

Reaction score
Hi, I am getting extremely broody again! See I have just started working part time and have enrolled in college, it is a 3 year course until I get my degree. I am really struggling with waiting now. So badly, I want to make my wait sooner and can't handle waiting anymore. I see babies and just have a pain in my chest because I want one so badly, my OH said he would be happy to try nice we have our own house again (early next year) and he works full time. I worked full time but went part time to prepare for college, I want to try but not sure how it would work with college etc or if i should just keep going until i finish which should be june 2017 .. (6-7 years waiting in total) .. if i wait until i'm full time working again by the time im entitled to mat leave/pay it would be another year wait on top of that .. i just don't know what is for best, we have his income, and my part time income but i don't know if that is do able?
I dont even know what i'm asking just want advice on what choices i have?

Sorry I don't have much advice. When I was at college there were mums and there were students who fell pregnant and carried on studying. There family were able to help a lot with childcare etc so that is a huge help I guess. Only you know for sure what is right. The way I would look at it is if you fell pregnant during college worst case is that you have to drop out of college. Would you be willing to give it up ? If the answer is yes then I would go for it an if the answer is no I would wait until after college

Sorry I don't have much advice. When I was at college there were mums and there were students who fell pregnant and carried on studying. There family were able to help a lot with childcare etc so that is a huge help I guess. Only you know for sure what is right. The way I would look at it is if you fell pregnant during college worst case is that you have to drop out of college. Would you be willing to give it up ? If the answer is yes then I would go for it an if the answer is no I would wait until after college

See i'm already doing what the degree would enable me to do part time, i have the opportunity to get more hours if i want them .. im really confused, i know what i want, a baby, but i don't ant to be selfish and have one if we arent ready. We could survive on maternity allowance and my OH wage with a few perks here and there, we have 1500 saved just now which was for our wedding but we decided we could get married when little one is here. Ideally it would be the second year of hnd, halfway through so i could then have little one and then decide if i want to go back full time work or finish my degree or not. I think it's a pride thing i need to swallow, i always said i would eventually get my degree (i couldnt afford to staright after high school so did what i could afford and then worked 3 years to save to go back and now i'm kind of like, i dont know why i thought a degree was this massive deal... but i told everyone im going back to get one and dont want people to think "oh she got pregnant during college, must have been a mistake... or the other end.. oh how irresponsible she got pregnant on purpose when she only worked part time" ... am i overthinking things?

Will speak to my OH tonight, he asked if we could try in dec-jan but i said no just because i dont want to half finish the hnd, i want to at least finish it before i give birth, so going to suggest next december/jan and see if he is on board :)
The only thing i am worried about with the date is i will be in college for 6 months ish of the pregnancy and only get mat allowance until i go back to work but it is better than nothing.
Really hope OH is on board, it gives us the time to complete our pre baby list;
-find 2 bedroom
-me do hnd
-me lose weight
-at least one more holiday (i will try squeeze in 2)

I know the exact feeling you're talking about. I don't even have to see a baby to get the pain in my chest! I just think about it all the time. Good luck with your talk :)

I work part time (3 days) and hubby works full time, then I study a Masters part time too. Financially we are fine, my wage is as good as a low income full time wage (I actually earn more working part time now than I did in my full time job after uni lol) I will be paying off my masters next month so no debt, and as I work part time that helps with tax credits towards child care.

However, studying and being a mum is HARD, I wouldn't recommend it, it's definitely do-able and if someone was already a mum wanting to study I would say def give it a go if it's something you really want, but if someone doesn't have a child yet I would say get the studying done first. The only thing that suffers is your quality time with baby as you'll get the work done and you'll have no choice but to look after baby lol, but it's not the same trying to enjoy your baby or not stress about the difficulties when you're thinking "I really need to do that assignment". I had ok pregnancies so studying when pregnant wasn't an issue, but having a baby is a while different kettle of fish.

Thanks for all the advice, we have decided we will be waiting long haul still, june 2017 .. june the 1st so it seems sooner lol! Our timeline of things to look forward too.

Dec 2014 - London
june 2015 - finish 1st year hnd and find a 2 bedroom
july 2015 - Portugal
june 2016 - finish 2nd year hnd and find full time work (hope it's as easy as i got my other jobs! I have gotten 5/6 of the jobs i've ever went for so hoping this continues in my favour!)
dec 2016 - get married and a mini-moon
june 2017 - our late honeymoon and trying

in other good news..... i got a tax rebate!! £300!

Yeah ill be getting a decent ammount as a student, i get bursary, my wages and loan so will be getting enough to get by and then some!

Thanks for all the advice, we have decided we will be waiting long haul still, june 2017 .. june the 1st so it seems sooner lol! Our timeline of things to look forward too.

Dec 2014 - London
june 2015 - finish 1st year hnd and find a 2 bedroom
july 2015 - Portugal
june 2016 - finish 2nd year hnd and find full time work (hope it's as easy as i got my other jobs! I have gotten 5/6 of the jobs i've ever went for so hoping this continues in my favour!)
dec 2016 - get married and a mini-moon
june 2017 - our late honeymoon and trying

in other good news..... i got a tax rebate!! £300!

Yeah ill be getting a decent ammount as a student, i get bursary, my wages and loan so will be getting enough to get by and then some!

thats great! i do the same thing look at all the months i have things planned for, i have a countdown app on my phone so i have other closer things to look forward to too, i try and have something for every month even if its just a meal out (or payday!)

Same here! I need stuff to look forward too, i just feel sod epressed lately, like my whole family dont seem to give a crap about seeing me get married, they moaned when i asked if they would travel 2 hours to go to our venue, we would be paying a 4 course meal and evenng for them and the rooms are only 30 with discount, or they could driv ehome after meal, they moaned and said it would be easier for them to be closer to home, i explained how the ones closer to home cost 7000 and the one we want is 2500 at most ... they looked so annoyed .. i would elope, but i know ill be upset if they arent there, but if theya re there ide be upset because i would know its ony because we paid so much and its close to home and thats why they even went anyway. My whole family always demand money of me, i got the tax rebate and my sister was like gimme a tenner i said no (already gave her 100 this month and 50 to my brother, my sister paid fuck all back and my brother has pad back ten) and then she went mental sayng i was stingy :mad: why do they think they are entitled to my money, im saving to move out, get married and im in college now. they need to stop relying on me.

Same here! I need stuff to look forward too, i just feel sod epressed lately, like my whole family dont seem to give a crap about seeing me get married, they moaned when i asked if they would travel 2 hours to go to our venue, we would be paying a 4 course meal and evenng for them and the rooms are only 30 with discount, or they could driv ehome after meal, they moaned and said it would be easier for them to be closer to home, i explained how the ones closer to home cost 7000 and the one we want is 2500 at most ... they looked so annoyed .. i would elope, but i know ill be upset if they arent there, but if theya re there ide be upset because i would know its ony because we paid so much and its close to home and thats why they even went anyway. My whole family always demand money of me, i got the tax rebate and my sister was like gimme a tenner i said no (already gave her 100 this month and 50 to my brother, my sister paid fuck all back and my brother has pad back ten) and then she went mental sayng i was stingy :mad: why do they think they are entitled to my money, im saving to move out, get married and im in college now. they need to stop relying on me.

I got married 2 hours away and every single person (except one) came! And we had 70 guests. I think your family is being pretty harsh :(

I plan on going to college next September and the program is two years. I would love to ttc within two years but I think it's better to wait until after I'm done school.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"