Advice

Rikina

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to this I have 7 month old little girl she is on aptamil but through the night she still waking up for 5 bottles of 4oz bottles so I was wondering if any body as ever tried aptamil hungry baby see if that helps thank you

Hiya. If she is 7 months old perhaps she wants more than 4oz a time. Have you tired offering her 6oz? That's alot of night feeding still. My 9 month old has a 9.30pm and 2.30am feed. Is your baby having solids? Have you tried a dream feed? X

Hiya. If she is 7 months old perhaps she wants more than 4oz a time. Have you tired offering her 6oz? That's alot of night feeding still. My 9 month old has a 9.30pm and 2.30am feed. Is your baby having solids? Have you tried a dream feed? X
Hi thank you for replying she is on solids through the night she not framing all the bottles but waking up for them and what do u do for dream feed hun x

Hi thank you for replying she is on solids through the night she not framing all the bottles but waking up for them and what do u do for dream feed hun x

If she's not drinking the bottles fully it may be that she's waking due to other reasons but a full tummy and a bit of a suck is comforting her enough to go back to sleep. At 7months old she could be developing new skills or experiencing digestive discomfort due to solids in the day. So much night waking is developmental and sometimes we just have to do whatever we can to soothe them back to sleep.

Sometimes children wake for milk in the night because they don't have enough during the day. If she ends up drinking more at night than she is in the day, and is (or has already) dramatically dropped her daytime formula, I'd consider reducing the amount of solid food she has and trying to encourage more formula during the day. At 7months she'll be able to get more nutrition from her milk than from solid food. Make meal time about learning how to hold, manipulate, chew and swallow finger foods and less about filling her tummy. This will mean that when she gets to 9-10months and can get more nutrition from her food she'll have the skills and interest to eat a whole balanced range of foods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->